VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada

virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada Empty Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada

Post by virtual Wed May 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Here's the official greeting from Kevin, the big Kahuna of Vanfest:

From the Head Office of Vanfest

Well boys & girls here we go again, 13 yrs and still trying to perfect an already awesome show into a spectacular show, and I need your help again .We as a Vanfest group, work very hard every year to put on one of the best truck shows around and this year is no different. What make this show so good is not only the rides, but also the friendship that have evolved around this show, young and old alike. This year Vanfest is taking on a whole new look as Canada's Largest Custom Van & Truck show. And we want you here to see old friends and make some new ones and to create some memories of your own. We promise you a fun filled weekend starting Friday night with a welcoming party in the main pavilion with fun and games, like guitar heroes so start practising. Our infamous dartboard, D.J, and late night movie with pop corn. Mmmmmmmmm good. Saturday is a very busy day with Show & Shine, more games, awards, Rocky horror picture show party, bright & shine, a Band, more fun and games, you catch my drift. {BE THERE} When you say, June 13th - 15th at the Springwater Conservation in Aylmer Ontario Canada. And again all for a good cause, We have donated to so many charities, over the past years like, The children's hospital of south western Ontario, Canadian Cancer society, Canadian breast cancer society, the Springwater Conservation, to name a few and this year is no different.
    Our charity for this year is the women's community house. So Again in advance thank you boys & girls its an honour to host this event again and we do promise not to disappoint you .Now remember in your travels to Vanfest this year we fall on a very special day down here known as Friday the 13th annual
    Biker bash in port Dover witch is not to for from our event, there will be many of our biker friends on the road to this event so please watch out for them on you tour here. Well ya better start to pack, the cooler that is, and maybe be thinking about washing the truck shortly, CAUSE VANFEST IS CREEPIN UP ON YA AND YA WANNA GET OUT AND PLAY

Yours truly
    Kevin Lundy
    Event Chairman

For more info and covergae from past years on this great event go to: http://vanfest.vandomain.com/
    We'll be doing an early lineup photo for sure this year.

Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada Empty Re: Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2008 9:55 pm

I am sure going to try and get there.

Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada Empty Re: Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Well, got it going. Then it stared up again. I am gonna have to go through EVERYTHING. (plugs, cap, router, points, condenser, wires, timeing chain, timeing, double check the fuel pump again, etc..) I'm not going to be able to make the VanFest. Not only the van but, it is my daughters 16th B-Day that weekend.
    virtual
    virtual

Post by virtual Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:56 am

There was a pre Vanfest gathering at Ken and Mary France's. Vanners from all over the U.S many of them early owners were there, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Kentucky and Illinois. Howard's pictures tell the story:
    https://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t194/mvlhoward/vanfest%20party/

This is but a glimpse of what we can expect at the actual event.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:18 am

virtual..Thanks for shareing those Pic's with us !!!! There was some Nice Vans there for Sure ............ Looks Like it's Gonna Be BIG!!!!!!!!!

sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:34 am

cool stuff! maybe if us vanners in W.Can. can make a club, you could help us put together a Vanfest West! I wish I could join you this weekend! Have fun!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:07 am

Great Pictures!!!! That blue 2nd gen Ford is Bad A$$. Who owns the yellow 66 econo pickup???
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:55 am

I wish you guys going to Van Fest a great time and I'm looking forward to the pictures. How about a early line up???
    virtual
    virtual

Post by virtual Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:42 pm

Here's a few pics to wet your whistles:

Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada Evonos3

Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada Alpine

Vanfest 13 June 13-15, Aylmer Ontario Canada Econos

Will have many photos up on Showtrux.com on Tuesday.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Very nice turn out of early's can't wait to see the rest. How many early's this year???
    virtual
    virtual

Post by virtual Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:20 am

We had 16 earlies, 10 Fords (9 in show), 4 Chevies (3 in show) and 2 Dodges (both in show). Hope that many of them are at Bakers.
    I will try to get the rest of the pictures up tomorrow.

Superbeast's pictures are available here: http://vanfest.vandomain.com/vanfest08/

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:03 am

That's awesome, wish I could have gone. Maybe next year. My van is just new, not up to speed yet.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Wow!!! Nice turn out of early's. Many I have never seen before. Hope many of them can find there way to Baker's so I can see them in person.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:31 pm

Wow what a fun filled week I just had at Carlisle and Van Fest,with a mid week stay at Ken Hopcrafts house for a warm up party on Wednesday. A nice turnout at Ken,s as shown by the pics. In Howard's and Virtuals pics you can see my white 8 door parked back to back with Kens 8 door. Ken's is the nicer one with surfboard,mines still in project stages but stiill pretty nice overall. New wheels and tires are in it's future amongst other things. Met lots of new people and saw lots of old faces. Great time and too much money spent as usual but hey sometimes its worth it ya know? My 8 door performed well on it's first roadtrip since I ve owned it. I trailered it most of the way but did drive it about 90 minutes to Van Fest and left it in Detroit for Bakers this weekend. Lookin forward to Baker's for sure. See some of you there!

Ky Tim, 8 door, 8IS ENF plate
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:36 pm

G-man the yellow pickup belongs to Doug Shinn of Canada. The light blue 2nd gen is Jim Bulger from Ga. He is the original ower of it. The Bad ass one (dark blue with white stripes) doing the burnout,you get 3 guesses and the first 2 dont count. Yea,it's Ken Hopcraft again,working his magic on yet another van. I kinda coaxed him into that burnout for the camera,just like his 8 door burnout at the Michigan Nats. It doesnt even have door handles or windows yet and its already getting rubber. It can only get better:-)
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Ken does know how to built a van for sure. Tim I seen your blue 8 door and don't cut yourself short. You do nice work also.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 pm

G-man the dark blue 8 door belongs to Rick Gilcrist in Michigan. My 67 8 door is the same color as Ken's white one. Its exactly the same as when I bought it. Im just now getting into working on it. My blue 66 Falcon van may be what you are thinking of that I had at Baker's last year, however it was a standard 6 door van.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Sorry I thought the 66 was a 8 door also Embarassed , still it was a very nice van for sure. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:50 am