VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Twinpilot001
vanbeach66
6 posters

Evil people almost got away with stealing big blue!

vanbeach66
    vanbeach66

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2010-06-21

Evil people almost got away with stealing big blue! Empty Evil people almost got away with stealing big blue!

Post by vanbeach66 Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:27 pm

I am sad to report that some evil people tried to steal my van on monday the 18th at 2:00am. Thank god they were unsuccesful due to stupidity. I say tried because they did not get far, the van was moved about 8' feet on to someones driveway and the electrical system is fried. The donuts(cops) that arrived on the scene thought it was just a mystery how it got there because there was no sign of breaking and entry(they thought it was funny). Needless to say they were comepletly useless!!! they infromed me to move it and they left. Once in side I noticed I had no power to lights, I checked the engine compartment and noticed all the wires from the seleniod starter to the alternator were melted so I called back the cops and they finally sent a crime unit over to check for fingerprints. They will not find anything but my prints since I went in after the fact and ruined any chance of them recovering prints but Im hopeful cause I dont have any other choice. Due to this incident I have also lost my job. I know I should be greatful that it was not taken but for now I find myself very frustrated and not sure what to do might have to break down and sell...I'm at a lost for words right now
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Evil people almost got away with stealing big blue! Empty Re: Evil people almost got away with stealing big blue!

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:35 pm

seems sort of funny u would loose a job over someone trying to steal the van??? Think id be looking at the work place for thieves=maybe ??
    Down there its a short trip across the border too. SAD- get an alarm system and a 10mm or s&w 40 cal.

Evil people almost got away with stealing big blue! Empty Re: Evil people almost got away with stealing big blue!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Damn! That's down right horrible. Kinda speechless after reading the post. If only people would realize the consiquences of their actions. Very sorry to hear about your situation.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:44 pm

If you still got the 6 cylinder in it, they probably shorted out the feed wire by jumping from the alternator output to the coil,,,,,,,so,,,,,,,you start at the big bolt on the starter solenoid that the battery cable connects to,,,, find the smaller wire that connects there and it goes to the screw on the horn relay,,,,,also there are the voltage regulator wire, wire to the output of the alternator and the main feed wire going to the connector next to the carb and all the way up to the fusebox.....
    richie61
    richie61

Number of posts : 445
    Registration date : 2010-01-04

Post by richie61 Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing your van on my next trip to Long Beach to see my grand kids. Let me know if I can help??
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Mad I hope you come out the other side of this soon. These vans need new wiring anyway, and at least (by the sounds of it) the body wasn't damaged. Good luck.
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:16 am

sorry to hear that, good luck with the job hunt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:22 pm