VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Pop out window install help needed.

StuNami
    StuNami

Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2010-12-14

Pop out window install help needed. Empty Pop out window install help needed.

Post by StuNami Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:37 am

Thinking about installing pop outs in the rear. Assuming that I find everything I need, what's needed for the insall? Any pics of how they attach to the door?

Thanks.

~Nami
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Pop out window install help needed. Empty Re: Pop out window install help needed.

Post by Casimier Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:43 pm

I want to know if regular windows fit into pop out window doors. Very Happy
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Pop out window install help needed. Empty Re: Pop out window install help needed.

Post by donivan65 Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:31 pm

In ChevyLand, the stationary glass fits inside the frame, while the pop outs fit on the frame, so they are about a 1/2'' larger piece of glass,,,,,,,,my Pop out hinges are mounted to the side of the frame with sheet metal screws,,,,,,,the gasket is from the sliding door window of a Caravan

Pop out window install help needed. Repai102
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Stu you can see them this weekend. I have several. Casamier,any window works on any door.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Tim,,,,,,,is the glass from a stationary window and the glass out of a pop out the same size?
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:15 am

I ve never compared the glass before but all the cargo doors are made to accept popouts with a recess for the latch and holes for the hinges. The holes get covered by the winodw gasket so dont interfere with the fixed gass either. My guess would be they arent since the pop outs have metal frames.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 am