VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Venturi Vent - roof vent actuation question.

leghorn01
    leghorn01

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2010-01-19

Venturi Vent - roof vent actuation question. Empty Venturi Vent - roof vent actuation question.

Post by leghorn01 Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:00 pm

I had a Venturi Vent years ago, and thought it was a great way to get air in, instead of just exhausting it out. Here in Florida when it gets hot, my 67 turns into a Sauna.
    So, I've got a VenturiVent Cover, just the tinted plastic cover, not the frame or mechanism. So my plan is to get a standard 14" roof vent and swap out the top covers. If I remember correctly: by turning the handle one way it would hinge in the front and open like a regular vent, and turn it the other way and the lid would close and the front magic door would open. Does anyone have a picture, diagram, or discription of how this mechanism worked?

Also, I haven't touched a roof vent (no RV dealers here have them in stock) so also need to know what roof-vents will accept the VenturiVent extruded hinge...

back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Venturi Vent - roof vent actuation question. Empty Re: Venturi Vent - roof vent actuation question.

Post by back2thewoods Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:33 pm

check j.c. whitney, i think they stock venturivents
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Venturi Vent - roof vent actuation question. Empty Re: Venturi Vent - roof vent actuation question.

Post by donivan65 Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:23 pm

I have used that vent,,,,the rear is raised by a crank and the front of it has a door on it with another crank that folds down like a tailgate to let air in. Right now I got a vent with an electric fan inside it,,,,,,,you can put pop out windows in for more air,,,,,,,but by far, the sunroof keeps you the coolest pulling air in from the windows, vent windows and front vent,,,,,,,

Venturi Vent - roof vent actuation question. Repai238
    LiveWire64
    LiveWire64

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by LiveWire64 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:24 pm

back2thewoods wrote:check j.c. whitney, i think they stock venturivents

Venturi-Vents are no longer manufactured as of about 3 years ago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:13 am