VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
sasktrini
DanTheVanMan
67a 100 pickup
slowflapper
kltcustoms
RodStRace
10 posters

Let's not fight over the Gilbert AZ 108

DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Let's not fight over the Gilbert AZ 108 - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's not fight over the Gilbert AZ 108

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:54 am

Rod,
    So what's the deal with that driver's side rocker panel? Is that a storage compartment?

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Let's not fight over the Gilbert AZ 108 - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Let's not fight over the Gilbert AZ 108 - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's not fight over the Gilbert AZ 108

Post by RodStRace Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:06 am

Thanks guys! There is some rust, more than the 100 and the parts PU.
    It was also patched old-school style (poorly). It may get fixed later.
    Yes, that's a lighter, and it works! This one has no radio, although there is an antenna and wires hanging down from a previous install. They didn't hack the dash though.
    That is a storage compartment. It's not very big, just enough space for a jack and some tools. That will be the first body work repair, along with the vent hole in the roof. I'll put in another vent.
    I'd really like to find a pair of solid side doors for it.

The rug on the floor in front is a 2 dollar garage sale item I just picked up. It may go in here with some cuts to fit around the pedals, it may go in the cart for the MATS. I'm suprised everything works, even the lighter and horn.
    I'll start a post over in the showcase for this one too.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Post by RodStRace Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 am

bTW, I did find 2 things that don't work, the left reverse light and the dome light.
    bigviking
    bigviking

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2010-10-27

Post by bigviking Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:15 pm

Hey Rod, pretty nice....what kind of seats does it have ...they look plenty cool......just needs a bumper sticker like"Don't laugh, your daughter may be inside"...LOL.....glad it worked out for you...
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Post by RodStRace Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:24 pm

It's been fun driving it the past few days. No issues aside from a low top speed!
    I don't know what seats they are, a friend said they look like Dodge Daytona (the FWD one, not the pointy winged one!).
    They are bolted to the wheelwell and just resting on the doghouse!
    They are also too tall for me. It's one of the things I need to rework.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:02 am