VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

1966 sportsman engine swap. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

1966 sportsman engine swap. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Empty 1966 sportsman engine swap. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Post by Guest March 5th 2011, 22:22

my new crate motor sits at a nasty slant towards the front? old motor was a 1973- 318 which had a smaller slant. i dont think my oil pick up is getting enough oil? because of the slant?
    new motor is a 1979 -318

Last edited by timleshark1 on March 6th 2011, 02:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong info)

1966 sportsman engine swap. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Empty Re: 1966 sportsman engine swap. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Post by Guest March 5th 2011, 22:24

ps i believe the casting on the passenger side of the motor states that it is a 1979
    318. did they send me the wrong motor?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

1966 sportsman engine swap. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Empty Re: 1966 sportsman engine swap. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Post by G-Man March 6th 2011, 04:14

Welcome to the site!!! You'll have more chances of people who know seeing this if you post in Between the seats "A"
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix March 6th 2011, 17:59

CAN YOU GET US SOME PIC'S??? WHAT ELSE DID YOU CHANGE?? YOU ARE RIGHT IF THE MOTOR IS SITTING ON A TILT YOU WILL STARVE THE ENGINE OF OIL . THAT IS NOT GOOD. IS THERE ROOM TO RISE THE FRONT UP TO GET IT LEVEL???
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace March 7th 2011, 07:26

Motor brackets go behind the engine ears. Motor mounts then frame brackets.
    WP nose should be centered in the fan shroud.
    Transmission mount should have the bolt go through the center.

Don't know how you could end up with the motor nose down unless the parts or the combo are wrong. Please take pictures, host and post....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 18:16