VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Got my glove box door and dash insert done.

Got my glove box door and dash insert done. Empty Got my glove box door and dash insert done.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 pm

The pic of the dash insert Dennis made is kind of dark but you can get a better idea of color from the glove box door. They are done in a dark birds eye maple. I am using Gold Dolphin gauges . I may have the dog house lid and steering column done the same way.

Got my glove box door and dash insert done. Copy_110

Got my glove box door and dash insert done. Copy_111
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Got my glove box door and dash insert done. Empty Re: Got my glove box door and dash insert done.

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Looks good Mike
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Got my glove box door and dash insert done. Empty Re: Got my glove box door and dash insert done.

Post by Digz Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Damn thats pretty !!
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:03 pm

WOW Thats Sweet! Is that going in your pickup?!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Yes it will be a focus point in the interior. I have a machine to gold plate just about any metal and I am thinking of doing the button on the glove box door and the new knobs from Dennis as well as the bezels in gold. Picture it with this color of interior.

Got my glove box door and dash insert done. Dougsh10 The pickup will be Cadillac Escalade pearl white and the interior (rest of the dash and doors) that is not upholstered will be the same color
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Thats going to be so SWEET! Are your doors going to be painted kept steel? The service door pannles would look great in maple as well! Do I spy a pop out rear window on that p/u?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Yes it is a pop out window. I will be doing the same thing to mine. The hinges etc came from a side window on an Astro van and the Astro van rubber will work with the Econo window. I am having the rear window done in the darkest tinted glass I can get. I did Vanishing Breed in Brazilian rosewood and the door panels were done as well as parts on the dash and all the door handles and window cranks were done as well. I am looking for a good dash skirt to have done in the birds eye maple too. The doors will be painted I think but I may have them upholstered. I think having the steering column and doghouse lid done in maple would be very unique.
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Sounds good ! My only concern would be the heat with the wood dog house lid! It may split over time. Could you let me know the dimentions of the econo's back window? Maybe it would fit on Dodges too!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:58 pm

The wood isn't real. It is like what comes on new luxury cars. A faux wood so I will have the inside of the lid sprayed with bed liner (1/4") and then covered with fatmat. A friend of mine can do any part in any kind of wood, including black wood and also a faux carbon fiber. He even does intake manifolds that way as well as bumpers.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 pm

I don't have the pickup here yet so I can't measure but any glass shop should be able to cut one to size and drill the holes for the hinges etc.
    Fred Carrello or Tim should be able to give you the size of the window. I got the idea from Fred.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:03 am

thas mighty purdy! Smile
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:21 am

what kind of seats did u use - Theyre nice .what were they from?

Last edited by Twinpilot001 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:54 am

That birds eye maple looks great.Makes for a pretty guitar as well.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:10 am

Twinpilot001 wrote:what kind of sets did u use - Theyre nice .what were they from?
    It is a stock Econo glove box door and I got the dash cover from Dennis. It is aluminum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:19 pm