VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Rusted Parts/ hard to remove stuff=??

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Rusted  Parts/ hard to remove  stuff=?? Empty Rusted Parts/ hard to remove stuff=??

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:22 am

Hello all= heres a thingy ive used for years to get hard to remove parts loose- PB-power blaster spray lube. An old mechanic turned me to this stuff- spray on anything thats hard to remove / get loose and let it sit a while- even over night- its got some sort of chemical in it that penetrates & actually dissolves rust - yet wont damage anything. Walmart sells it & most auto parts stores . Just a thought to help us all in those hard to get off 25+ year old parts-Happy Wrenching
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Rusted  Parts/ hard to remove  stuff=?? Empty Re: Rusted Parts/ hard to remove stuff=??

Post by wylee Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:57 am

ben using it for years, good stuff......................
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Rusted  Parts/ hard to remove  stuff=?? Empty Re: Rusted Parts/ hard to remove stuff=??

Post by dix Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:15 am

BELEIVE IT OR NOT AUTOMATIC TRANNY FLUID AND DOT -3 BRAKE FLUID ARE BETTER THAN ANY ON THE MARKET FLUIDS FOR RUSTED BOLTS. EVERY YEAR DURING WINTER MY PADLOCKS WOULD FREEZE NOW THAT I USE TRANNY FLUID THEY WORK PERFECT..
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:17 pm

good tips

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 am