VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
dodge A-108
bugeye bob
westcoastvanner
A100Sportsman
benwah
wylee
10 posters

how did they do it...............

wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

how did they do it............... Empty how did they do it...............

Post by wylee Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:31 am

im trying to put duster seats in, i was able to use the same mounts the van had(with the pins) but they seem to wide, i dont think the dog house will go back in place. ive seen others use high backs in there vans. how did they do it............... 100_0810
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

how did they do it............... Empty Re: how did they do it...............

Post by benwah Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:16 am

Yup Id be safe to say the seats are too wide just by looking. I know a lot of vanners go for the fiero seats ( some have speakers in the headrest! ) Or try some late model imports. Sorry not much help on remembering makes n models . Im kinda fond of my stock seats. I had some hiback seats in a van the po installed, unknown origin, they sat too high and the doghouse lid would eat the side of the cushin when closing.
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:33 am

thanks benwah, i think your rite. im stiking with the stock seats, there good shape and less hassle l.o.l...........
    A100Sportsman
    A100Sportsman

Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2010-10-24

Post by A100Sportsman Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:53 am

Duster seats are pretty cool, too bad they don't fit!
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by westcoastvanner Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Is there a certain year, that the Fiero seats fit best?
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I looking at Dodge Intrepid seats I measured the seats in wife Chryler 300 and they are about the same but I think I will measure the original van seats and see what the width is. Right now I have a set from a MG with seat covers which is ok but those Intrepid seats will really be cool.
    dodge A-108
    dodge A-108

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2014-11-22

how did they do it............... Empty replacment seats

Post by dodge A-108 Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:05 am

wylee wrote:im trying to put duster seats in, i was able to use the same mounts the van had(with the pins) but they seem to wide, i dont think the dog house will go back in place. ive seen others use high backs in there vans.  how did they do it............... 100_0810
    I used hi back buckets froma 1990 Mitsubishi eclipse. they fit nicely. with no problems
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:06 am

Many use =Fiero seats!!
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:21 pm

I have reupholstered stock seats in mine and I love them. could probably find some seats that are a bit more comfy, but I hate the look of highbacks in an early. they stick out like a turd in a bowl of milk. jm2c
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:36 pm

My seats came out of a honda prelude. They fit pretty good
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:02 am

I hate the look of highbacks in an early. they stick out like a turd in a bowl of milk. jm2c[/quote] Thats a good one! Its kinda hard to find nice seats out of a fiero, or even finding a whole car these days. Mrs. Benwah loves jeeps! With that said we have a small dodge /jeep junk yard. My 66 panel has one stock seat. The other day I was looking at my wifes 96 cherokee xj she just picked up for parts. I pulled the seats out of the xj and they fit nicely in the 66. You can remove the headrests so they dont look too big. And the plus side is that the jeep xj is plentiful. You will have to make your own brackets to fit. Just sharing some idias for others here.
    mattimuss
    mattimuss

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Post by mattimuss Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:47 pm

diamond dave wrote:I hate the look of highbacks in an early. they stick out like a turd in a bowl of milk. jm2c

Hey Dave, what if the high backs are factory for the 'early'?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 5:43 pm