VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

My lights are a cluster?

Skylarh
    Skylarh

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-07-25

My lights are a cluster? Empty My lights are a cluster?

Post by Skylarh Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:18 am

Hello Every one, I bought my 68 A100 sportsman about three months ago. When I sold my perfectly reliable good car this spring to buy something awsome, the deal with my wife was that I would not buy something until this fall and save money then I found a A100 that ran great. There was now way in hell that I would pass it up, so I greed to park it until fall and ride my 66 Vespa (Extra Bad Ass) for the summer. Long story short, I am starting to get every thing done that I need to, to get it register but my light are a cluster. I am sure the whole system is super simple but if any on has wiring diagrams or any info to share it would be much appreciate.

Thanks Skylar
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

My lights are a cluster? Empty Re: My lights are a cluster?

Post by RodStRace Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:58 am

There is a post here that has the entire service manual, including the wiring.
    Should have all the info you need to diagnose and repair the lights.
    I will say that typically, the grounds all need to be cleaned and the rear wiring tends to be hacked if there was a trailer connection at any point.
    First, I like to pull all the fuses and clean the box terminals. Replace the fuses with new (correct size). Then clean all the grounds. Then turn on the parking lights and make sure the appropriate wire at the switch is getting power. Check each bulb socket for power. Not a bad idea to replace the old bulbs.
    Then do the headlights. The floor switch can always use a bit of cleaning too.
    Then work on the stop/turn lights. Since this follows a long path through the column, this one is the hardest to figure out and get working right.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/a-van-general-discussion-f3/service-manual-download-t13582.htm?highlight=manual
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:00 am

Here you go, "right click save as" to your desktop so you can make them bigger and easier to read. They are hosted in my image gallery, there's a zoom tool there you can use as well but be sure to grab a copy in case I move them later.

My lights are a cluster? A100%20wiring%202

My lights are a cluster? A100%20wiring%201

Ooohh, Im grabbing a copy of the service manual myself Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:23 pm