VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

New guy

vanbeach66
    vanbeach66

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2010-06-21

New guy Empty New guy

Post by vanbeach66 Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Proud owner of a 1966 G10 van inline6 three on the tree, any suggestions or advise is more then welcome. Currently the engine purrs, all lights work had all drum brakes redone but woul like to upgrade to maybe a brake power booster and a bigger brake master cylinder. I can't afford the disc conversion just yet so I would like to know what the skinny is on drum brakes and if a booster and new master cylinder would work or not?
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

New guy Empty Re: New guy

Post by Nightmoves Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:59 am

Welcome to the site vb66.Lotta good information here from other vanners.Several have converted from single cup m/cy to the dual.Just go to main forum,do search in right hand corner.You'll find info galore on the swap.Another great research is the old forum.It'll keep you busy for a while as well. http://vintagevans.forumup.jobs/
    richie61
    richie61

Number of posts : 445
    Registration date : 2010-01-04

Post by richie61 Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:19 am

Another 66....welcome. Upgrading the single master cylinder to a dual is a must. I have a 66 as well and bought all the parts for about $100. If you can't find the thread let me know and I'll send you the information. My daughter and son-in-law live in LB so next time I'm there I look you up. I had a basket case in the beginning and I am driving it daily now, so this is the place to be.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:47 am

Welcome and feel free to search the forums and ask if you can't find what your looking for!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

New guy Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    vanbeach66
    vanbeach66

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2010-06-21

New guy Empty steering wheel?

Post by vanbeach66 Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome and the suggestions to review old threads/topics on my breaks. Have another question regarding the steering wheel. I just got back from the truck/car shop in orange and I bought a new (black) steering wheel they fit the chevy trucks (60-66) will it fit my 66 van? just wanted a quick anwser before I remove old steering wheel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 pm