VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

spark plug wires?

wbulick76
    wbulick76

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2010-03-25

spark plug wires? Empty spark plug wires?

Post by wbulick76 Fri May 21, 2010 6:11 am

Got a quick question. Running a 350 in my 69 with an hei distributor and stock ram horn manifolds. Having a hard time finding plug wires to fit it at the local parts stores. Length is too short to route them away from the manifolds. Never had any luck making plug wires, so was trying to find an off the shelf set. Anybody got suggestions?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

spark plug wires? Empty Re: spark plug wires?

Post by donivan65 Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 pm

I just used a set like this to do a 68 Camaro with headers,,,,they are long and you cut the end off to size and use the crimper tool to put the correct end at the distributor,,,,,,,it's pretty easy with the tool,,,,,,,I liked the wire guide rail that bolted to the valve cover bolts that let each of the 4 wires drop down to the spark plugs to clear the header tubes so they did not touch,,,,,,so check out Skippys site,,,,,,lots of good stuff for us,,,,,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEI-SPARK-PLUG-WIRES-8-5MM-90-DEGREE-RED-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5192e61df8QQitemZ350356905464QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 pm