VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Inland Vans Berdoo charity car show.

Inland Vans Berdoo charity car show. Empty Inland Vans Berdoo charity car show.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Last Sunday my van club organized and sponsored a charity car show for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.. We had one person from this site show up which is 100% better than last year. We had over 300 vehicles show up and we raised over $40,000.00 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. We are already preparing to have the fourth annual show to be held next year. I really wish a few more from this site would take the time to support this charity and show up with their vans. We had two van classes. Here is a link to some pics that were taken at the show.

http://picasaweb.google.com/112236745199865347887/BestOfCarShow?authkey=Gv1sRgCPGJud_4oJvU0gE#slideshow/5461649848113059538
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Inland Vans Berdoo charity car show. Empty Re: Inland Vans Berdoo charity car show.

Post by southern man Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Wow! Great pics!

Sorry I couldn't join you, but I find myself a little too far away. :<)

That has to be one of the nicest VW microbuses I've seen. And several of the bugs were great too. My fav was the mid 50's vintage small window with the cloth sunroof. The mid 50's Olds coupe (88?) is similar to the '56 88 my parents had. Love the dashboards on those. And one day I'd like a '55 or '56 Nomad, but built as a resto rod, not limited to a simple restoration (which are always desirable, but I want what I want!).

Glad you had a good charity event. Thanks again for posting the pics.

Inland Vans Berdoo charity car show. Empty Re: Inland Vans Berdoo charity car show.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 pm

southern man wrote:Wow! Great pics!

Sorry I couldn't join you, but I find myself a little too far away. :<)

That has to be one of the nicest VW microbuses I've seen. And several of the bugs were great too. My fav was the mid 50's vintage small window with the cloth sunroof. The mid 50's Olds coupe (88?) is similar to the '56 88 my parents had. Love the dashboards on those. And one day I'd like a '55 or '56 Nomad, but built as a resto rod, not limited to a simple restoration (which are always desirable, but I want what I want!).

Glad you had a good charity event. Thanks again for posting the pics.
    Yep that would have been quite a drive for you. We have a lot of people here that live in San Diego, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Orange county etc. who never show to any of the charity shows let alone the non charity shows in this area. We are the hub of Southern Calif. and within a two hour drive of anyone in southern Calif. Car guys come from Vegas, Arizona and all over Southern Calif. because they all care about these charities but for some reason most vanners are very apathetic. It used to be that vanners were just the opposite and swarmed all over charity shows especially Truckin For Tots. I keep hearing vanners say we need to get our vans out to shows to let people know vans are still around but those same people are the ones that seldom if ever show up. We have a large charity show for military veterans coming up at the Loma Linda Veterans Hospital and the only vanners that ever show up are those from my club and Brad (Lordmodelbuilder). American Vans used to have two vans that showed up every year for three years then they stopped coming.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Sorry I couldnt make it Mike, we were in Barstow for the IH western Regionals. It was also a car show, but was for cystic fibrosis. I will make it next year if it doesnt double with the IHWR. I play with 2 toys and the 64 took best in class this year.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 pm

mountainkowboy wrote:Sorry I couldnt make it Mike, we were in Barstow for the IH western Regionals. It was also a car show, but was for cystic fibrosis. I will make it next year if it doesnt double with the IHWR. I play with 2 toys and the 64 took best in class this year.
    there was a real nice 64 IH at our show, red and white with an air ride system. It was immaculate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:39 am