VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+9
DanTheVanMan
EconoCarl
Indian640
richie61
G-Man
Nightmoves
texasjohn
EconoUSAparts
lectricman
13 posters

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck.....

A100Sportsman
    A100Sportsman

Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2010-10-24

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 Empty Re: '62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck.....

Post by A100Sportsman Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:41 pm

nice!!!! Also I like the F250 you got there!
    A100Sportsman
    A100Sportsman

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 Empty Re: '62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck.....

Post by A100Sportsman Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:46 pm

By the way, I hope you didn't scrap the old wheels, those Ford 5-lug are sought after! I had a really hard time finding some for my 67 Ford Bronco, eventually I found some on a jeep in a local junkyard that fit.
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:56 am

priced all 5 to a guy for $100.....he told me that was too much...?? I'll probably clean and paint them next spring...... thanks for the comments guys.... Anthony
    A100Sportsman
    A100Sportsman

Post by A100Sportsman Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:32 pm

yeah the ones we got for the Bronco were in really bad shape, needed to be sanded to get all the surface rust and olive drab paint off. The guys at the yard wanted about that much for them but we made them an offer of $80 and they accepted on the condition that we took them off ourselves! HA! So yeah, the guy you sold yours too got a good deal, although those were normal five lug wheels, whereas these were five lug 4x4 wheels which have bigger centers and are rarer. So I suppose for those that may have been an ok price.
    lectricman
    lectricman

Post by lectricman Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:37 pm

just an up date on fuel system....
    I didn't take pics but here is the situation... I took my tank to have it lined and the guy told me that it was too thin... in other words, un-repairable... So I hit up the local yard and the only Econo tank that he had had the whole top rotted off of it. I found a late 60's maybe a 70 chevy van with I believe to be a 18 or 20 Gallon tank in good shape with very little rust. I had history with this van, I used to ride in it with a boy back in high school (1985), so, It was great to save a little piece of it. I extended my bolts for my straps and took a filler neck off of a chevette and a couple chevy gas tank hoses and made it work and it worked GREAT!!!! I now have a bigger gas tank and don't have to keep filling up the 6 gallon boat tank that I had been using. I also made a front floor mat out of an old entrance mat that I got for free.... It turned out nice... I'll try and get pics by this weekend guys... Just thought I'd update a little.
    lectricman
    lectricman

Post by lectricman Mon May 23, 2011 5:26 pm

some updated pics....

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 103_9904
    shifter knob and marbles in switches...

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 103_9907 '62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 103_9908
    tailgate reinstalled and tinted tail light lenses...

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 NewE-brakehandle '62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 Newfloormat
    E-Brake Handle... and new floor mat made out of entrance mat...

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 Tailgate2
    tail gate finished... for now...

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 103_9921
    Greenup KY cruise-in

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 103_9931
    and my plaque... Boy was I surprised!!!
    lectricman
    lectricman

Post by lectricman Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:24 pm

interior almost complete... decided to go another direction... Shocked you know, never done... Very Happy

'62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 Econointerior1 '62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 Econointerior2
    '62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 Econointerior5 '62 Ford Econoline (Econo) Pick-up truck..... - Page 3 Econointerior3

slowly she will get done... cheers
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

Post by Rayallen Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:17 am

Man you work quick. Not a top notch restoration but Id drive her. Doing the same to mine but a lot slower. Love the color choices.
    lectricman
    lectricman

Post by lectricman Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks... I'm not much of a "RE-storer" but a "ROAD-storer" Laughing Laughing I like to fix them to drive... I drive my 62 daily so it will not be perfect but a great little head turner... If I ever get the 66 F-250 out of the garage the Econo will get some upgrades though... I'm thinking V-8 eventually... Shocked
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:15 pm

I think it's lookin great and Fun ! That shifter handle is neat.
    lectricman
    lectricman

Post by lectricman Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:48 pm

I have had a couple different versions of shifters but am back to the stock shifter for the time being... I like the tall shioftert but it is a bit impractical.. still looking for that "WOW" factor shifter...
    OldBird
    OldBird

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2011-11-20

Post by OldBird Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:33 pm

this is jj hey my dad was wondering if you want some armrests. falcons are the same thing. if you do dad says he'll see if he has a spare set.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:28 am