VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Earth quake

Earth quake Empty Earth quake

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:00 pm

We were rockin and rollin here a short time ago. I heard it was a 7.2 quake. It shook my house pretty good but no damage as far as I can tell. I am used to quakes but it had several of my neighbors running outside scared to death.
    Kakster
    Kakster

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Earth quake Empty Re: Earth quake

Post by Kakster Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:40 pm

We can call it the great Easter Quake of 2010. Was in Bolsa Chica and we felt it. I got dizzy and thought I was way too tipsy for only one and a half beers, then I realized it was a quake, a slow roller. drunken
    texasjohn
    texasjohn

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by texasjohn Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 pm

think ill stick to my huricanes.....

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Shook like hell in the Palm Desert.......I was in the hot tub. It threw 2" of water out of the pool in surges.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm

VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:26 am

My roommate and I were out in the garage when it started. Unlike other quakes, this one didn't make any sound, so it took a few seconds to realize what was happening. We looked at each other and she said, "Let's get out of the garage!" As I stepped out into the driveway I saw my van was a rockin!! This was the first time I'd been outside for an earthquake and let me tell you, it's a strange feeling to have your feet squarely on solid ground and yet you're moving! You realize that everything is moving -- your whole block, the whole city, the whole county!! It is a azing and unsettling. Like everyone said, this one was a roller, side to side motion. And it went on longer than usual. After it was over I felt like when you get off a boat and you feel like things are still moving.

No damage here though, just a fun ride!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:27 am