VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
mcfly
texasjohn
G-Man
Magic Bus
Big E
9 posters

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:52 am

Thanks for posting that Supervan picture itruns, the guy who owns this van is a big Ted Nugent fan and I think his future plans are to Zebra stripe the whole van.

There was another Supervan (a blue one ) on craigslist a while back that was raised that looked Bad A$$ also
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:58 am

Big E

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2010-03-05

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty I might have found one today

Post by Big E Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:42 pm

G-man what do you think about the one you listed today here in Detroit mich 1967 chevy window van . I talked to him today most of the van was taken apart motor and all he told me I could have it for 1500 cash . Good deal very little rust he is going to hold it for me for a couple of day's . What do you think I see you have a few of them.THANKS FOR ALL YOUR TIME
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:03 pm

From what I see I think its a hell of a deal. Looks like it been in a garage for years apart. (thats a good thing beats sitting outside like that) If it all there thats a plus also. We can help you put it back together and if its missing parts I'm sure we can help also. Looks like a 108 wheel base and unlike the econo you were looking at the wheels base matches the body

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:09 pm

G-Man wrote:From what I see I think its a hell of a deal. Looks like it been in a garage for years apart. (thats a good thing beats sitting outside like that) If it all there thats a plus also. We can help you put it back together and if its missing parts I'm sure we can help also. Looks like a 108 wheel base and unlike the econo you were looking at the wheels base matches the body

Looks to be a pretty nice base van. Looks to be a no rust keeper! As long as the body is good the rest is easy.............relatively.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Like what mountainkowboy said what ever you by make sure it doesn't have major rust issues. A little spot here or there is not a big deal and being 40+ years there surely a spot or two.

What motor and trans??? If its a V8 it should be a 283
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty It is a v8 van

Post by Big E Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:48 pm

The son is selling it for his dad so he don't know alot about the van he might not have a title for it. I don't know if that will be a problem or not . There is a v8 motor on a stand in the pictures he going to call his dad to get me more info on the van and it's parts . I'll let you know when I find out I would like to have it .This would be a very nice van restored if we can get everything worked out I will be picking it up next weekend it's way up north around 150 miles away.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:52 pm

I thought it was closer, see how this van thing works out. We get a new guy from Michigan and there are 3-4 listings from this state in a week. That doesn't happen offen here.
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty SO DID I

Post by Big E Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:00 am

He had it listed in Waterford but the van is in South Branch Mi 3 1/2 hrs away I hope everything comes together well we will see.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Welcome! By the way, I have some club brothers, in the DEADBEATS, that live in Warren. One of the guys in the club even owns an Econo pick up. He's not much for being online, though.....
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Did you check out that Chevy???
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty Called never heard back

Post by Big E Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:12 pm

I called the one in porthuron they never called back. I never heard back from the other guy the one that was listed in waterford but was in south branch . I don't know why they list them. Hard to sell if you don't call back.I'm still looking to buy a chevy there is one listed that's had alot of work done but he can't get me more pic's it's listed in penn HE'S ASKING 2500 . Please keep looking I will pay a finders fee. THANKS AGAIN
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty I would like to say thanks to everyone for there time

Post by Big E Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Also nice to meet new friends that are willing to help . Hard to find people that are willing to help others they don't know. THANKS EVERYONE
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty Thanks for all the help

Post by Big E Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:27 pm

I would like to thank everyone for there help. It's hard to find people in the world today willing to help out others . It looks like I came to the right place great group of new friends. Looking forward to making more. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Big E glad you feel welcome!!! We'll find you a van. There a group of great guys out your way that come to Baker's every year. Stop by in June (van or not) and meet everyone
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty Need feedback on van

Post by Big E Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:55 pm

There is a van listed on craigslist york pa 1628683446 has anyone went and looked at the van. I'm intersted but the van is 450 miles away it does look like a good deal he said it's missing carb other than that it will run . What do you guy's think good deal or not. THANKS
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:08 pm

link doesn't work
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty it's a 1965 list on this site too

Post by Big E Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:14 pm

G-man in york pa 2500 has alot of custom work done fiberglass rear door also tubed http://elmira.craigslist.org/cto/1628637782.html

Last edited by Big E on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : UPDATE)
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:22 pm

what was the date it was posted here???
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:46 pm

I was looking for a Ford Rolling Eyes I remember that one and yes looks like a cool project. I think there 2 gullwing doors on this one. Did he say how the rest of the body is??? $2500 seems fair. Remember in all projects there are hidden costs (things you didn't think of) there 2 grand (cheap price just to repaint) Are all the parts there??? Another thing that far away I would haul it back just because anything sitting as a project for a while could have other driving issues
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone - Page 2 Empty It would need to be trailerd

Post by Big E Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 pm

The van is not running missing carb . He told me that the rest of the body is in good shape . Yes it is missing some parts I should be able to find what I need with the help from everyone . It is missing the seats and need a windsheild also .I can do paint and body work I'm a welder by trade.This will not be my first restore .
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Doing the paint alone will cut your costs alone, and the sounds of whats missing are things aren't a big deal. If you have the time this is a project worth looking at
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:58 pm

yeah windshield is easy, Im not seeing a gas tank or fuel fill opening there?? Id have him send as many pics as you can stand to look at. inside rear corners battery box area door pillars, stuff underneath,, the quality of the work thats been done already can be a huge factor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:06 pm