VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

What is the Gas Guzzler Tax?

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

What is the Gas Guzzler Tax? Empty What is the Gas Guzzler Tax?

Post by Vanish Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:29 pm

I STOPED AT A DEALERSHIP AND WAS LOOKING AT A CAR....... NICE ONE BY THE WAY !!!!! NEW DODGE CHALLENGER HEMI 425 HP... LOOKED AT THE STICKER PRICE AND IT SAID 2200.00 GAS GUZZLER TAX !!! WTF..... I ALMOST FELL OVER RIGHT THERE ON THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR !!!!

http://suvs.about.com/od/fueleconomy/a/jf_gasguzzler.htm

Kakster
    Kakster

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

What is the Gas Guzzler Tax? Empty Re: What is the Gas Guzzler Tax?

Post by Kakster Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:43 pm

Great, sales tax plus and extra tax when you buy the car, then taxed when you have to fill it up so much. Sounds like triple taxation. Do we get any representation along with that?
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:42 pm

Need to vent a little. I know this post should probably go elsewhere, but to follow the thread...

I love my country and am very grateful that we are not in danger of losing our property or suffering other hardships that many others are in these times. It's just that it seems that politicians are like the silver spoon fed offspring that drive the family business into the ground.

My wife's a CPA and I'v been a slave to my small business for over 20 years. If I play my cards right, bust my derrière and somehow make a few bucks, guess who's insisting on his share. We have this silent partner we can't seem to buy-out even though he hasn't invested anything or provided us with any insight, support or sweat equity. We just operate in his territory and make our monthly protection payments to him.

If anyone had any concept of how much we are all working for the taxman in all his many forms, they would first puke, then contemplate going postal on the government's butt like our forefathers did.

Where I'm at -
    Federal Corporate Tax - 25-34% of the profit
    Feds - 34% (top tier if your making good money) + FICA - 15.3% (incl.. employer contributions) + IL - 3% + Cook County Sales Tax - 10% of your crappy take home pay + 2.5% of appraised value property tax

Don't forget your personal property tax, utility taxes, etc.

The alternative minimum tax can wipe out a lot of your
    deductions and exemptions.

I don't see anyone out there with a bill denying multiple taxation or limiting total taxation to under 50% of our earnings.

Do you think we're all going to be able to collect on our Social Security and/or pension funds?

So we're supposed to vote for the lesser of two evils?

We're all doomed...

- Larry
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:01 pm

I hear you on being over taxed!!! I'm too a slave to my business and know what you are talking about. We should vote for Tony Soprano at least we would know what we are getting.
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:09 am

Amen brother.

I'm sure there will be Tony(s) somewhere is the background pulling the strings of their bought and paid for puppets.

- Larry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:24 am