VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Drum Brake Redo

1966G10
    1966G10

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Drum Brake Redo Empty Drum Brake Redo

Post by 1966G10 Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi,
    i just need some help re doing my drum brakes on my 1966 G10 Sportvan. I'm not too sure of what ned parts to get...brake lines, and other small parts. If you have the NAPA number or anything to help locate ned brake parts would be appricated
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Drum Brake Redo Empty Re: Drum Brake Redo

Post by donivan65 Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:37 pm

whatcha lookin for?

Drum Brake Redo Rear_b10
    1966G10
    1966G10

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by 1966G10 Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:33 am

Im redoing the drum brakes and need all new lines and small parts like that to make my van drive safely. Are you selling those drums that you have there? Are there 4 of them to complete front and back
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:19 am

I am going to put them on my van someday. And we even have a couple of vans here converted to 4 wheel power disk brakes. But back to basics,,,,,our song says, "change your gaskets, paint over your rust and you still end up with something that you will never trust". And that is really true with brakes. Our 1st gens came with single line "suicide" master cylinders. Any leak, anywhere, and your brakes are gone. So you have a choice to install a dual line,,, front and rear brakes have their own line, off a 2nd Gen. And you need to get rid of those old metal brake lines and hoses. Napa has brake lines, shoes and wheel cylinders. But you need to see what size shoes are on your van. Standard is 2 1/2" up front,,,,2" rear. And they came with a few different size bore wheel cylinders. You can get a hardware kit for the shoes. What is the condition of the star wheels and self adjusting mechanisms? Are your brakes in working condition? Do the drums look good? We will get you all the information that you need,,,,,,

Drum Brake Redo Brake_10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:04 pm