VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

are there interior paneling kits for earl vans?

are there interior paneling kits for earl vans? Empty are there interior paneling kits for earl vans?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:05 pm

asked a woodworker friend about paneling an E van and he said since there were so many curved lines that is would ba a pain and that he thought there were paneling kits for them

wondered what others think and if there are kits

thanks
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

are there interior paneling kits for earl vans? Empty Re: are there interior paneling kits for earl vans?

Post by BvrWally Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:54 am

There were kits back in the 70's for just that ...70's Vans. T & J made them and they are on E-bay from time to time. They were just paneling templates out of paper, but did the job.

are there interior paneling kits for earl vans? Empty Re: are there interior paneling kits for earl vans?

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:40 pm

I know they had templates for Econolines. A friend of mine has one
    scrubba
    scrubba

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2010-01-18

Post by scrubba Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Wow ya'all makin me feel acient !!!!!!!!!!!! I know as I used to sell those things too . scrubba
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:32 pm

If you want to make a pattern for these, I can offer the following suggestion.
    Take cardboard and trim it to fit small sections at a time (around wheel wells and fuel filler), rather than try to make a huge one-piece pattern. Tape it together for a solid pattern , THEN make a single pattern for a final fit.
    Also, most panels are 4X8', so you will want something that is an I shape to align and cover where the sections butt against each other. You also want to set it up so the sections are supported well.
    Back in the day, I used a single sheet sideways (cheap), but they look better with the lines running vertically (more sheets, more seams).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:10 pm