VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

New Roof Vent

southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

New Roof Vent Empty New Roof Vent

Post by southern man Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:52 pm

I am just about to take my '64 Econo to the paint shop, and have been disassembling everything. I've been debating for a year whether to get a better rear roof vent, replacing the standard 14" square version that came on the van. I found one on an RV site about a year ago that had a reversible fan and internal thermostat, but I thought the dimensions were bigger so I debated whether to go for it. Well, I decided if I had to enlarge the hole, now was the time, but as it turns out it drops right in - the stated dimensions must have included the rim. This thing is cool! (No pun intended.) It will look much better than the old one.

One little surprise though. It has a slightly blue tint to the plexiglass top, which really isn't in the color scheme I'm going with. Doesn't really clash, so I'll wait and see how it all looks once I get everything together. But is there any kind of tint material, or "smoke" paint that might work to change it?
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

New Roof Vent Empty Re: New Roof Vent

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:23 pm

I got two of these for mine. They fit between the ribs on the roof and are rain proof...

http://www.rvtruckparts.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=40971&SID=9&DID=38&CID=211

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

New Roof Vent Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:05 pm

I have one on my 65 Econo.
    DannyDodge
    DannyDodge

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Post by DannyDodge Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:52 am

VHT makes a spray tint you can buy, and if your van is in a body shop, they should be able to take some base color, add just alittle into the clear coat, and you should be able to tint that as long as they dont put to many coats of tint on it, or add to much color into the clear

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:50 pm