VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
sasktrini
crazee
DanTheVanMan
benwah
Vanish
9 posters

White Letters out .... or in ................

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

White Letters out .... or  in ................ Empty White Letters out .... or in ................

Post by Vanish Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Ok So your Gonna Put New tires on the Van ..... Do you want the white letters out ??? Or Do you want them on the Inside ????? Just Wondering what you preference is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Letters out .... or  in ................ Eb17_2

benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

White Letters out .... or  in ................ Empty Re: White Letters out .... or in ................

Post by benwah Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:11 pm

OUT SIDE!!! nothing worse than peeping under a hot rod and seeing raised white letters inside! Corse I grew up in the 80's

White Letters out .... or  in ................ Empty Re: White Letters out .... or in ................

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:24 pm

outside! i'm a whitewall guy, but whites out anyway!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Have to agree Vanish. OUTSIDE! for sure.... cheers
    White Letters out .... or  in ................ 1966_c15

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

White Letters out .... or  in ................ Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    crazee

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post by crazee Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:04 am

YEP..........I vote outside.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:51 am

Depends on the wheels and the van. I plan to have whitewalls on stock steel rims with the centrecap, but may use blackwall instead.

On my Keystone Klassics, they beg for white-letter out! That remains to be seen too though.
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 am

Inside, I like black walls Laughing

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:51 am

Outside if you use any type of custom rims, especially Cragars.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:28 pm

I prefer out , but I messed up and by the time I was ready to buy the front tires they had quit running that series/logo in the size I wanted. Might be a good enuff reason to smoke 'em off once in awhile,,lol

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Digz wrote:I prefer out , but I messed up and by the time I was ready to buy the front tires they had quit running that series/logo in the size I wanted. Might be a good enuff reason to smoke 'em off once in awhile,,lol
    You can always go with this: http://customtirefx.com/index.htm
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:57 pm

You guys.... lol

unless some tire manufacturer is going to pay me to advertise for them, I will run my tires white letters in.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:32 am

Why pay for raised white letters if your going to run them inside? Tire companys make blackwalls and there cheaper! And one more thaught,keep the wide whites on pre 62 cars, trucks. My .02!
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:05 am

I have Black Walls on mine, but I don't have any problem with Raised Whites as long as they weren't scuffed on the curbs.

Why do I really dig Red-Lines?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:37 am

depends on the vehicle, nothing beats the look of a 3 inch wide whitewall on a chopped and channeled 32.... wouldnt exactly be the same on say a civic!!! on your van go r.w.l. it just the right thing to do!!!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:37 am

savage wrote:Inside, I like black walls Laughing

Some of us just need padded walls! Laughing
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:40 am

I've seen Mike's link recommendation before... imagine putting the name of your rig on the sidewall, rather than a brand or anything...

3" whitewall... would be very cool! I think Coker was doing that on radials... sort of a retro look on a modern tire... would look awesome!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:55 am