VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Another Early chevy is back to life

Another Early chevy is back to life Empty Another Early chevy is back to life

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:03 am

I was able to drive my '69 108 panel down the street yesterday for the first time in 4 years. After sitting in a garage waiting for a rebuild while my 3 kids needed my time, I got it back on the road with the help and suggestions from many of you. I just want to say thanks for the help. I have some wiring issues to fix and now a leaking heater core. Freshly rebuilt 355 sounds nice and idles smooth. Next goal is fresh paint & new interior. Anyone out there in this same situation...don't give up!
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Another Early chevy is back to life Empty Re: Another Early chevy is back to life

Post by savage Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:14 am

Great to hear you got your van back on the road KC. Cool When I got the 68 G-20 From Mark in CA the motor was in pieces in back(& in back of 65 too).Its Fun putting something you didn't take apart back together& finding all the parts & bolts Laughing
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Another Early chevy is back to life Empty Re: Another Early chevy is back to life

Post by DanTheVanMan Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:56 am

KC,
    Your right Never give up" these vans are a labor of love and sometimes time to complete. My folks get in a hurry, get frustrated and then give up. They are old and their parts are sometimes hard to find. But when your dome (I use that erm loosely) you have saved another van and made a lot of freinds with the same interest...

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Another Early chevy is back to life Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:55 am

KC, Glad to hear that the engine is behind you now. I know this van with be a stocker for the most part. What color or colors are you going to paint it.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Glad to hear it, today I took the Handi to work, first time its been out in a month. I REALLY need to get a different carb! The monojet I got is better than the origanal that was on it, but is still crap...............loads the engine up.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Thats great, what a feeling that drive is after sitting for a while. Bill

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:10 am

Bill - yes, it was a great feeling. Right up there with not being around a woman for awhile.

G-Man - I have my heart set on "Cashmere Effect" (light sand metallic) which is a 2009 GM color that is close to the original color of the van. My van originally had white on each side where the windows are on a window van. That made the van look too long, so I want to paint the roof white to keep the original two-tone somewhat. How much paint will it take to paint a 108 panel? I was guessing 2 gallons and I plan on painting the dash & jambs & doghouse (inside & out). How much to paint the roof? 2 quarts of white?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:32 am