VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Sy Hollinshead
G-Man
6 posters

What makes a deluxe a deluxe..............

What makes a deluxe a deluxe.............. Empty What makes a deluxe a deluxe..............

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Just found a 62' deluxe truck with a 3.3 and 3 speed manual, owner says its a deluxe, can anyone tell what being a deluxe gives you over any other 62' model or is it just a badge............

many thanks
    Rod
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

What makes a deluxe a deluxe.............. Empty Re: What makes a deluxe a deluxe..............

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:56 pm

With differant models Deluxe can mean alot of things Trim, nicer seats, carpet. For the most part dress up stuff. Don't know if deluxe covers this but on the Falcon vans they have a special piece of trim under the dash to hide wiring. This piece on ebay always brings $$$$
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

What makes a deluxe a deluxe.............. Empty Re: What makes a deluxe a deluxe..............

Post by Sy Hollinshead Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:21 pm

Just out of interest, i have heard about this trim piece before.

I have a trim piece on my van, is this what you are referring to....?

What makes a deluxe a deluxe.............. 3ccf_1

Just curious

Sy

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:37 am

there seems to be a another 'band' along the lower edge of the dash running all the way across, on this truck its big enough (depth wise) to house a CD player...

Rod
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Sy, that extra piece under your dash is quite desirable to most of us. Yours looks like it's in great shape. I suspect a "Deluxe" would have it too, although I think they mostly came on Falcons. I would love to find one in decent shape.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:28 pm

[b][i]yes Sy you indeed have a rare trim piece. Wish Chevy's had something like that. Give the dash a cleaner look I think.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Rod you said "deluxe truck" which there is no such thing. Now if its a van,there was. Only available in the Falcon line was the Deluxe Club Wagon window van with a lot of extras on it compared to a base model,one of which you described is the fiberglass dash skirt which if memory serves me correct was made in 3 possibly 4 different versions,all appearing to the untrained eye to be the same. Sy posted a pic of his van which has it installed on it. Note his has no notch cutout for the padded glove box door since his uses the metal one. That's the most obvious difference in the versions made. Anyone wanna guess the 3rd/possibly 4th of the differences in them?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Didn't some of them have ribs along the whole thing????

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:46 am

this is the truck in question, down side is its a far distance away to view, but might be able to view it on thursday, if not its going to have to wait a few weeks, looks clean and straight

What makes a deluxe a deluxe.............. Ecnopicks

What makes a deluxe a deluxe.............. Econo
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:32 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote: That's the most obvious difference in the versions made. Anyone wanna guess the 3rd/possibly 4th of the differences in them?
    Tim,
    Later ones were notched to clear the underdash heater.
    Fred
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:28 pm

Aw Fred,you dont count. I knew you would know the answer. So were there 4 styles? Was there a 65 and up made for the metal door with only the lower notch for heater and no upper for padded glove box door? If so I ve never seen it.
    Chris,they all had the ribbed lines in them.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067

Post by sasktrini Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:54 am

Kustomkulture wrote:this is the truck in question, down side is its a far distance away to view, but might be able to view it on thursday, if not its going to have to wait a few weeks, looks clean and straight

What makes a deluxe a deluxe.............. Ecnopicks

What makes a deluxe a deluxe.............. Econo

Oh, that's nice... a 5-window... I don't like trucks, but I'd proudly buy that if I had the money!
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553

Post by fmc56 Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:33 pm

[quote="EconoUSAparts"] Was there a 65 and up made for the metal door with only the lower notch for heater and no upper for padded glove box door? If so I ve never seen it.
    quote]
    Tim,
    I think there was. I sold a 65 DCW to Bob Gebler a couple of years ago, metal glove box lid and a dash skirt if I remember correctly.
    Fred

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:50 am

going to view this truck in a couple of weekends time, and if its as good as i have been told i will be driving it home, originally built by Altered Engineering in the States with a later Mustang six in and reputivly built for MOON....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:28 pm