VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Van Club forming

Van Club forming Empty Van Club forming

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:59 am

We're forming a van club, please check the site for details. We're going to be at the next cruise on Van Nuys Blvd on the 12th.

www.losvangeles.com
    Van Club forming 3788154183_223fb47d6d
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Van Club forming Empty Re: Van Club forming

Post by BvrWally Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:38 am

Good Luck!!! Super Nice Logo I might add!!
    B.W.
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:08 am

great Idea I like what you have on the site so far bodywork on the dodge is looking good.found the same chunks of rusty metal inside the bedsides of my 61 pickup when i did the repairsVan Club forming Gedc0523

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:27 am

We have patches coming soon as well, looking to form chapters all over the globe. Yeah the van is coming along, more to do just rebuilt the top end now I got to sinch up the spagetti wiring....a project!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 am

Van Club forming 3788964560_33e21ce2d9

Van Club forming 3788154229_2c0650a729
    virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by virtual Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 pm

All the best with your club. You SoCal vanners are helping put vans and vanning back on the map. There is plenty of interest from all sides in the Van Nuys Cruise, I've seen pictures of the vans on the first cruise this year posted on all kinds of car/truck sites. Do take many pics on the next one.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

The first pick on your site was taken from my clubs site. We were called United Vans Berdoo at first then separated into two clubs, United Vans Berdoo and Inland Vans Berdoo. That pick is of one of our runs back in the early seventies (1971 I think). The pick was taken on south "E" Street in San Bernardino. I think some of our members will be pretty upset when they see it. It doesn't bother me but the members whose vans are in the pic as well as the member whose back is turned are bound to take offense.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:43 pm

I'll try to remember to bring my camera this time around, there we less vans the last time.
    crazee

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post by crazee Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:20 pm

naw.............need a Chevy van on the logo..........
    <wink>

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Some of my club members have seen your site and everyone of them has emailed me complaining about it. They are pretty upset that you used a pic from our site without bothering to ask if it was OK with us.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:53 am

Sounds like you're getting mad over nothing. We thought is was a cool picture and were paying homage to what came before us. I don't think I got it from you guys, I just did an image search on google and it came up along with a lot of other old van pics but that one stood out. In otherwords, it's been on a lot of other websites before mine so your anger is unjustified. I had one of a the Disneyland parkong lot full of vans but lost it, I'd rather use that one. Anyways as we develop the page we were planning to remove it, but for now it stays.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:48 am

Like I said it doesn't bother me but the pic belongs to my club and many of our members are unhappy. Now you are being rude and disrespectful. Don't count on my club to support you in any way. Don't be surprised if one of our members who is a lawyer contacts you. I hope it doesn't go that far but I then I am just one member. Here is a link to the Disneyland pic. https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/early-s-in-print-f31/i-swiped-this-t6768.htm#28414

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 pm