VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

inline 6 intake

inline 6 intake Empty inline 6 intake

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:05 pm

while i was walking to work i had a crazy idea. could you remove the intake manifold from a smaller ford six, in my case a 200 and machine the head to accept a seperate intake like the one classic inlines has for their shiny but expensive cylinder head? they say the head is restrictive but i'd think the biggest problem would be that little intake. if you let the stock head breathe a little i imagine it'll do just fine. opinions appriciated even if you think i'm an idiot, as long as you have a valid reason.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

inline 6 intake Empty Re: inline 6 intake

Post by sasktrini Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:05 am

tough job to imagine... would there be a feasible way to find enough steel in the cyl head to bolt a modified intake to?

I think one possibility would be to cut off the top of the intake surface, port the runners, and create a 3X1B carb set up with new carb mounts between 1&2 and 5&6... progressive linkage so that daily driving draws off the centre carb, and wide open pulls from the outer two as well.

Not an expert, but I fear that you might have to really putcher the cyl head to mount the new intake with bolts... modifying the integral intake might be easier and more feasible.

Offenhauser makes a triple carb intake.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Those guys at Classic Inlines know what they are talking about. They have years of experience and research to back what they say. That head/intake combo they have is very nice but like you said very expensive but worth it especially if you add Clifford Performances throttle body injection to it as well as Cliffords cam and headers and Mallory Unilite distributor. Clifford Performance has a three carb setup for your 200 CI.
    jreese

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by jreese Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 pm

I have the classicinlines set up on my 6cyl and while it was not cheap after some time and work it really runs great. I used their head, 4br manifold, dual out headers, hotter cam, roller rockers, valves, valve cover, and HEI dist. While mine is on a 250ci it was a HUGE difference and the same setup will work on your 200ci.

Mike put together a "kit" for me and has been a great help getting it dialed in.

Jim

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:51 pm

i've also thought of modifying the integral intake but wanted to know if using a whole new one was possible

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:14 pm