VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Where do you get a van car cover from?

Where do you get a van car cover from? Empty Where do you get a van car cover from?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:08 am

Where do you get a van car cover, like the soft fabric ones for cars? I have one from Canadian Tire made from Evolution 3 material...that would be perfect but I've never seen a van one.

Any suggestions?
    PolarBear2
    PolarBear2

Number of posts : 183
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Where do you get a van car cover from? Empty Re: Where do you get a van car cover from?

Post by PolarBear2 Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:27 am

Good Question......

I would contact www.calcarcover.com and ask them how to go about having a cover made for our Early Vans.

Where do you get a van car cover from? Empty Re: Where do you get a van car cover from?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:46 am

Actually, I'm just searching on the net and I think some minivan covers might be the right size. For example, a Toyota Sienna is pretty large and might work. My buddy has one, I think I'll go over and measure it up.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:57 pm

A VW Vanagon or Westfalia is pretty close in size too, but a bit narrow.
    back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post by back2thewoods Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:42 pm

cal. car cover has them to fit our earlys

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:20 pm

Wow, so they do! I found my van listed right away!

That's awesome! Thanks guys! I'll be ordering one from them, just have to decide what kind of material to get.
    PolarBear2
    PolarBear2

Number of posts : 183
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by PolarBear2 Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:14 pm

Wink

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Anyone ever purchase from calcarcover.com? How does one decide what fabric to get?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Ah F@#% it, I'm going for the Ultraweave because it's mostly outside and this seems like the best one for outside.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Just ordered a van cover from California Car Covers, along with one for my wife's VW Cabriolet. I went for the Noah weave.

I found a discount code on the net worth 10% off: HSCRS (all caps)

I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives!
    crazee

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post by crazee Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:05 am

car cover????????? What in the hell is that???????????
    Razz
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by Sy Hollinshead Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:47 am

I'll be getting a cover for mine once its been resprayed. When its parked in the garage, its a bit of a squeeze getting past it, and i'm always scratching the side of mine with zips and stuff on my clothing.
    Can't see any of Calcarcovers for an Econoline. I'll probably be getting the Mrs to make a custom one anyway....

Sy

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:44 pm

I had one from calcarcover.com and it didn't last a year. Faded out quick and had tears in it from the wind.

Last edited by vanishingbreed on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spelling)

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Well my van is living outdoors right now so I need something....

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:07 pm

How about one of those portable awnings with sides. They work well and leave you room to work on your van when you want without hassling with a car cover that takes two to put on??? If snow is a problem you can get what I got, an aluminum carport with sides and doors. Mine is 36' long and 12' wide with a roll up door with lights and it cost me less than $1800.00.
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 pm

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/PortableShelters/PortableSheltersCanopies/PRD~0371398P/Portable%2BGarage%252C%2B10%2Bx%2B17%2527.jsp
    from one canuck to another. a friend uses one of these for his 88 mustang all winter and works great.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:52 pm

jkr wrote:http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/PortableShelters/PortableSheltersCanopies/PRD~0371398P/Portable%2BGarage%252C%2B10%2Bx%2B17%2527.jsp
    from one canuck to another. a friend uses one of these for his 88 mustang all winter and works great.
    That is the portable one I was talking about. You can get them on ebay too.
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by Sy Hollinshead Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:59 pm

My father-in-law bought one of those, we used it as a spray booth. Unfortunately the sun has taken its toll on the material, and it has all faded and millions of small holes have appeared in it. The sun and rain really do some damage over a few years...!!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:45 pm

I did get my California Car cover A-100 van cover. It fits perfect. It's huge! It can be a challenge to get on and off, I usually flip the sides up so it's all on the roof then roll it up from the rear of the van. It's great! Once during a huge storm it blew off and was so soaked with water I couldn't lift it but finally did and it dried out within an hour or so. I love this cover.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 am