VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
jkr
benwah
sasktrini
G-Man
8 posters

Fixing up the Mystery Machine

benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Fixing up the Mystery Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Fixing up the Mystery Machine

Post by benwah Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:15 am

i agree with you too. scooby on a surf board i like that.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Sasktrini, I found this on vannin.com...

You said to a guy named Kermit: "That's okay... CARS movie is cool, one of my favorites... a new classic! At least it doesn't look like it belongs in Scooby Doo!"

So the truth comes out! You've hated my van all along! Smile hehehe..just kidding.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:57 am

silent Well, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt... how could I not admire the lengths you have gone to... I'm just glad that you came around to your senses. Laughing

Besides, search eBay and craigslist for "Scooby Doo", and see how overused the term is...

Okay, I'm OUT!

I never hated your van though... your "A" is special to me, just through the story you told in it coming to you... your "A" will go down in legend!

enbro wrote:Sasktrini, I found this on vannin.com...

You said to a guy named Kermit: "That's okay... CARS movie is cool, one of my favorites... a new classic! At least it doesn't look like it belongs in Scooby Doo!"

So the truth comes out! You've hated my van all along! Smile hehehe..just kidding.

Last edited by sasktrini on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to DENY I hated your van...)
    Toast

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2008-09-27

Post by Toast Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:20 am

We're going with a Tiki-meets-outer-space-hot-rod sort of thing with our A100. I think the touch of Tiki with the A100 would really add a lot more. So I'd definitely have a Tiki Monster on there chasing Scooby. Actually I'd just have the Tiki monster. Maybe you shouldn't listen to me on this one.

Seriously though, I'd add something 'more' than just making it a Mystery Machine. So having a mural too on there I think would be awesome.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Thanks for the tips, I agree with you all. No Scooby-doo per say, but something that suggests scooby doo to those that know it.

So the other day I finally replaced that front spindle and tie rod end I had to replace for the safety...what a pain that was.

Fixing up the Mystery Machine - Page 2 Resize32

Then on the weekend Tom and put both our vans away in his sisters barn for winter. Finally the two vans are together again!

Fixing up the Mystery Machine - Page 2 Resize33

Fixing up the Mystery Machine - Page 2 Resize34

Fixing up the Mystery Machine - Page 2 Resize35

Fixing up the Mystery Machine - Page 2 Resize36
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:51 pm

enbro if like Tiki stuff they have some cool stuff here....

www.mooneyes.com
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067

Post by sasktrini Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:55 am

seeing the pic of the two vans, knowing how this story started almost a year ago... WOW!

You guys ROCK!
    wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423

Post by wacko Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:39 am

Enbro,

so is the first van yours or the second?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:06 pm

The blue one is mine, the white one with black stripe is Tom's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:15 am