VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Looking for a gasket set supplier - 1963 Ford Falcon CLub Wagon

boroop
    boroop

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Looking for a gasket set supplier - 1963 Ford Falcon CLub Wagon Empty Looking for a gasket set supplier - 1963 Ford Falcon CLub Wagon

Post by boroop Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:38 am

I'm tired of waiting on Classic Inlines to get parts from their supplier. Crying or Very sad

I've got a set of Corteco gaskets on order (for about four weeks now) and keep hearing they're still not available from the manufacturer. I ordered them from here: http://www.classicinlines.com/proddetail.asp?prod=COR-200-COM

Does anyone else know a good retailer to buy gaskets from? The brand is getting less and less important as the days are getting shorter and my summer is fading away as a pretty major oil leak (and parts availability) keeps me from driving the van. Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for the help.
    Bo

Last edited by boroop on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Looking for a gasket set supplier - 1963 Ford Falcon CLub Wagon Empty Re: Looking for a gasket set supplier - 1963 Ford Falcon CLub Wagon

Post by sasktrini Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:00 am

I got a Felpro set when I opened up my Falcon Six 170. I have heard that Classic Inlines does have some problems like that... I did get my manual promptly when I ordered it from them.

Anyway, my local parts guy got me the gasket kit... you should be able to get it locally too.
    boroop
    boroop

Looking for a gasket set supplier - 1963 Ford Falcon CLub Wagon Empty Re: Looking for a gasket set supplier - 1963 Ford Falcon CLub Wagon

Post by boroop Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks for the reply.

Almost immediately after posting this rant I got an email stating that the parts on the way to them and they should have them out to me soon. Smile

The guy I've been emailing back and forth with has been pretty decent, but it's frustrating when I paid so long ago and still don't have the parts.

But, part of my relaxed attitude is that I was on vacation all last week and won't be able to get to it until next weekend.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestion.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 pm

yep classic inlines has been out of every part I ever wanted to order. Nice people but not a reliable place to get parts from. In some cases I waited months just to be told the part was no longer available.
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:32 am

I just canceled my order with them on Friday... ordered a set of eBay and they should be here this week.

What a PITA. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:18 am