VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks

livharder
    livharder

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2014-05-14

68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks Empty 68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks

Post by livharder Fri May 12, 2023 6:38 pm

68 g10 long. Need new leaf springs need help.

My leafs are sagging to the point of shackles hitting the under body cause the leafs are fully extended. I would like the van to sit around 2" higher than stock. or at least stock height.

Can i restore my old leafs. Will just rebending them last a while ?( just a weekend fun van)

Can i use springs from a other vehicule that you know will fit? Since original dont seem to be available.

I was thinking of finding 2.5 straight leafs and just add 1/4" spacers each side of the front mounts and have the axles at the stock position.

Any help would be realy apreciated. Thanks
    livharder
    livharder

68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks Empty A pic

Post by livharder Fri May 12, 2023 6:40 pm

68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks 20180411
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks Empty Re: 68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks

Post by AzDon Fri May 12, 2023 10:51 pm

The stock leafs are 3 inches wide at the ends and 2.5" wide and the axle centering pin, which is closer to the rear of the spring by a substantial amount.....You can add 2.5" wide leafs to the spring packs and/or have the springs re-arched..... If the bushings are good, I would not disturb the main leafs, but would try to get it right by adding/modifying the other leafs in the pack.... I added a couple of leafs that are 2.5" rough country jeep leafs that are drilled at the ends for nylon slipper biscuits and have the wrap straps welded to the ends that keep the leafs straight atop each other....My van came with 3 leafs per side and I added 2 more...

68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks Axle-s10

68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks Left-l10
    livharder
    livharder

68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks Empty Re: 68 g10 long. Leaf spring advice needed. Thanks

Post by livharder Sat May 13, 2023 2:47 am

Good info. I have 2 leafs front and rear. Probably had been done to lower the van.
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Sat May 13, 2023 6:50 am

I believe that two leafs was stock and 3 was optional.....My pictures are apparently not downsized enough but you can see the whole pic if you click on it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:56 am