VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

knowing your collectable insurance

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

knowing your collectable insurance Empty knowing your collectable insurance

Post by dix Mon May 08, 2023 3:00 pm

if this helps 1 person I'm happy
    i i have had collectable/antique insurance for 30 years with different company's
    lately 3 of us from this site run dodge a100's with a teardrop camper.
    last year a dodge (b) model van had a issue going home from the nats, while towing a camper his ins. company Grundy . good insurance 0 deductible, hotel expense's if you break down, you get the idea. and Grundy would cover him. the same insurance i use. I called Grundy last week and they said if i haul a car hauler on the back of my A100 DODGE I'm covered but not my teardrop camper they said they would not pay out if I had a accident and would drop me. so after talking to bill Carson a member here with a teardrop he has Hagerty insurance
    so i called Hagerty and they have no problem covering my 1969 dodge a100 with a camper on the back Hagerty phone # is 800-922-4050 hope this helps out
    Dix...

gmytych likes this post

gmytych

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2008-06-18

knowing your collectable insurance Empty Re: knowing your collectable insurance

Post by gmytych Mon May 08, 2023 9:26 pm

Haggerty Quoted me around 80$ to insure my Teardrop for 4K.last year.  knowing your collectable insurance 270c   knowing your collectable insurance 1f60e
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Tue May 09, 2023 1:25 am

Hi Mytch not sure why ,they had mine up higher. my .wife wanted more room so i found a 5 wide,
    so you carry Hagerty as well?

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2022-11-24

Post by EricJ Tue May 09, 2023 2:48 am

dix wrote:if this helps 1 person I'm happy
    i i have had collectable/antique insurance for 30 years with different company's
    lately 3 of us from this site run dodge a100's with a teardrop camper.
    last year a dodge (b) model van had a issue going home from the nats, while towing a camper  his ins. company Grundy . good insurance 0 deductible, hotel expense's if you break down, you get the idea. and Grundy would cover him.   the same insurance i use. I called Grundy last week and   they said if i haul a car hauler on the back of my A100 DODGE I'm covered but  not my teardrop camper they said they would not pay out if I had a accident and would drop me. so after talking to bill Carson a member here with a teardrop he has Hagerty insurance
    so i called Hagerty and they have no problem  covering my 1969 dodge a100 with a camper on the back  Hagerty phone # is 800-922-4050 hope this helps out
    Dix...

I tried Hagerty, I've been driving cars and trucks from the 50's-60's and 70's my entire life since I got my Lic. in '69. I have always driven them daily so always insured them with my regular insurance company. this year I decide to go with Hagerty because I expanded my inventory to 4 vehicles from my usual 2 and it is getting costly. After a face to face sit down, they will not cover any of my cars or trucks for various reasons. Originally I went online and filled out the application for all 4 and they were going to cover it, but after a sit-down they refused all 4. You may want to sit down with your agent and tell them exactly what you do with your ride and make sure they will cover you. As for me, until I can find another company I'm paying up the butt for my 4 cars.

gmytych likes this post

chrlsful
    chrlsful

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2014-04-22

Post by chrlsful Tue May 09, 2023 7:09 am

generally the same here (DD 'older vehicles' use 'regular insurance') as post 4.

As most else the ol 'follow the money' - insur cos (banks, many others) will seek highest returns, will not do what they dont haveta ('want to' or creates exposure (not of highest financial benefit). Now...

I live in one of the worse states for 'older car' drivers. MA is very strong in the financial industry (insur, banks, corp law) and attorneys. Ck ur own state for those individual differences. Some R much more beneficial for 'antique drivers'. Good Luck

(I have no home to bundle w/the cars now, have '66 & '85 only vehicles I drive - other particulars to my case) not 4, a boat, motorcycle, etc, etc
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Tue May 09, 2023 1:56 pm

I had my previous "hobby car" (3 door burb) insured through one of those "agreed value" companies. When I got my van running, I decided to first make sure that my regular car insurance company either does or doesn't offer "agreed value" classic car coverage...

My current insurer, Safeco was able to offer me "agreed value" coverage of $15K for $250/yr and put no restrictions regarding where I store it or how it's used.....
    I'm already a very low mileage customer with three other vehicles though and they know that....
    Before going with Grundy or Haggerty, it may pay to at least ask your current insurer if they offer "agreed value" coverage....
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Tue May 09, 2023 3:20 pm

I  did all of that previously. agreed value from state farm  ,but they treated me like i was a leir,
    and every year wanted pictures every year with the odometer  we dumped them for nationwide  they
    had house cars and collectables under nationwide they would not brake out the collectables even thou  i they sold the collectables to Hagerty and padded that bill. We still have nationwide who is a very good insurance that was how i ended up with Grundy, when they said i was not covered with the teardrop and G Mydth and B Carson were i went strait to Hagerty, and yes  i bypassed the nationwide entire package
    i did do a lot of research

gmytych likes this post

chrlsful
    chrlsful

Post by chrlsful Tue May 09, 2023 3:44 pm

it DOES take alota research to save a buck / get what U want.  We already do that as "a car guy".  Here is just nother place we do that. Shame each state is different. Wish more was Fed (AND advantagious. $... 'the world'... is not like that tho).
    8^ (

dix and gmytych like this post

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Wed May 10, 2023 1:38 pm

i really was not in to save a buck .I did call Grundy today to notify them i canceled there coverage. they said they will refuse coverage to any antique classic/collectable car/ truck with a tow hitch

gmytych likes this post

chrlsful
    chrlsful

Post by chrlsful Wed May 10, 2023 4:10 pm

said, but as I said, they dont need to, so Y do it? More 'exposure'
    (money loss possibility). Stick w/the mainstream and get it hand
    over fist. AND Nobody uses these cept ona sunny summer day. Yeah
    right, mine's for getting from point A to B and getting in an income

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:37 pm