VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

65 Falcon Van Mustang2 IFS Conversion

PizzaChop
    PizzaChop

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2017-11-21

65 Falcon Van Mustang2 IFS Conversion - Page 2 Empty Steering Rack/Brake Booster/Steering Box/Column

Post by PizzaChop Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:21 am

Hopefully will get some sort of a steering box mount fabricated in the next couple of days and determine exact coupler for lower shaft/rack input connection.

The new "Ford-in-a-Ford" lower control arms are definitely the ticket for me as the rack shift made a much easier path around the brake booster.

Very close to finishing this phase of the resto.  Once satisfied everything is good, I plan drop the engine/trans, to roll it out, roll it into the shop, and remove all of this recently added stuff and start on body work.  

If I primarily focus on the underside, there's a slim possibility I could have it rolling with new engine later this summer.  We'll see....

Without steering rack boots, easy to see extensions
    65 Falcon Van Mustang2 IFS Conversion - Page 2 Racksh12
    65 Falcon Van Mustang2 IFS Conversion - Page 2 Racksh13

Here are some close ups of the Ford-in-Ford control arms (looking up)65 Falcon Van Mustang2 IFS Conversion - Page 2 Fordin11
    65 Falcon Van Mustang2 IFS Conversion - Page 2 Fordin12

jrdunn96 and 13-ball like this post

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:00 am