VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+7
G-Man
billski
chester42
Hemi A-100
EconoUSAparts
gotavan
Vanish
11 posters

HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!!

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Empty HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!!

Post by Vanish Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Just Want to Tell every one that's Going to Bakers ... To Have a Safe Trip !!!!!!!! Man I sure Wish I could Go !!!!!! Have A Great Time ...... and Take Lots of Pictures For all Of us Who wish we were There !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotavan
    gotavan

Number of posts : 242
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Empty Re: HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!!

Post by gotavan Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:04 pm

HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Baker6
    HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Baker5
    HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Baker4
    It was funny listening to kids by this van "Oh Boy a Scooby van! OH MY!"
    HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Baker3
    nice no door
    HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Baker9
    Roberts had this van for many years, looking good now
    HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Baker7
    the jolly rogers arm strong steering
    HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Baker2
    more doors
    HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Baker1
    less doors
    I have more pics , I had my vent window fall out in Webberville, on the way back, nothing but a sparkly spot on the road
    HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Baker8
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Empty Re: HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!!

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:10 pm

I wont steal all of Chris's thunder but I ll let you all know that it was a record turnout at this years Baker's eVant and it was better than ever. Every year it gets better. Chris does an absolute great job getting it all together with help from Bill. Hats off to both of them. If there's one thing I can say as advice it's "Buy some raffle tickets" I clean up every year along with many others.
    Perfect weather,lots of different vehicles this years along with new faces too. If you missed it this year,well, you really MISSED it. I cruised home jammin to my new cruisin tunes CD compiled of songs suggested as good cruisin tunes from this site. How cool's that? It came in everyones goody bag along with lots more. I 'll leave room for others to add thier input.
    Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-06-17

Post by Hemi A-100 Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:09 am

Well another Gathering in the books! Once again Baker's was an awesome show!!! I can't say enough how great this show is. Chris, Bill and Duane and who ever else is involved with putting this together you guys do a stand up job!! I have been going to car shows for years and there are a lot of people who put on shows who could learn a great deal from these guys. You guys need to have a class called "car show 101". Once again the goodie bags were worth their weight in gold! I can't say enough of how great a time I had at Baker's again this year. It was great seeing some old faces and meeting some new ones. I am already looking forward to next years!!! Great job guys!!!
    chester42
    chester42

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by chester42 Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Great pictures of the event!! But is new to vannin would like to know where Bakers is ?
    billski
    billski

Number of posts : 262
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by billski Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Baker's is located in the town of Milford, Michigan, which is north west of Detroit. Not too far from Florida! Keep that in mind for next year.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:43 pm

billski we may have a Long Distance award winner
    chester42
    chester42

Post by chester42 Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Hey Guys,
    I'm not done with my 64 (90) yet. Almost readt for the candy apple. I sure have been learning a lot from you all!!
    When it is completed we sure would like to join in on these events.
    Keep this site going for all of us newbees.
    Later
    Chester42 cheers

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:52 pm

Just got home from Bakers. Do we get an award for taking the longest to get home? Very Happy Just kidding!

We lost our front brakes after the master cylinder gave up the ghost on the way there, so the van sat in a local shop since Sunday waiting on parts before everything was good to go. It sure is nice to have made it home safe and sound... and with the best stopping power I've experienced in the van yet!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Some day I will make it!!!! bounce

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

HAVE A GREAT TIME AT BAKERS !!!!!!!!! Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:18 am

Lostwire, Glad you made it home safe.
    chester42
    chester42

Post by chester42 Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:34 am

Dan,
    Do you go to the Turkey Run at Daytoona? Our car club goes each year. Last year there was a 68 sportvan with camp ground stickers from 49 of our 50 states. $1800, but the wife was not inpressed at all. It had some rust issues, but not bad. The one I am working on is a whole lot better. found it with in thre miles of home.
    Later
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:58 am

lostwire, glad you didn't chance it and try to make it all the way. These old girls are pretty dependable after you get the bugs worked out.
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:59 pm

I can't take any of the credit for what chris and bill did to put things together. We just got there early and got in chris's way as he was unpacking everything out of his van so he let us help him out a little. My son had a great time and is very proud of recieving "the most in need of restoration award" for our van.
    DannyDodge
    DannyDodge

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Post by DannyDodge Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:42 pm

couldn't make it, hurt the truck at milan few weeks prior, will be there next year Smile
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Dan Your A100 was missed for sure, go to Milan after Baker's next year

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:13 pm