VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Brian Bowie (A-100 Van Association)

Brian Bowie (A-100 Van Association) Empty Brian Bowie (A-100 Van Association)

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:38 am

Not sure how many know Brian Bowie who hosted the A-100 Van Association meet in Carlisle, PA.

For for a few years now he has been having health issues that I won't go into but it has been enough to cause him to liquidate all his A-100 parts/vehicle collection late last fall. Steve Scott from Ohio has bought up the whole collection. One of Brian's vans (Notel Motel) ended up at Joe Madonia's Museum of Vanning in Florida.

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Brian Bowie (A-100 Van Association) Empty Re: Brian Bowie (A-100 Van Association)

Post by dix Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:54 pm

Yep!!!
    Ohio van nats rep coop, Steve Scott, Amy  and my self hauled everything out to Ohio,  
    when i see someone looking for parts  that i know Steve has i will pm them Steve's phone # I don't want to just post his phone # so every hacker can access  , he is more than reasonable with pricing, shipping and knowage i have no vested interested in the parts , just helping out a friend.  Steve Scott does get on occasionally visit this site,,,  , Brian did move and is doing much better than 6 months ago glad to see you over here Nate......Dix..

gmytych likes this post

Brian Bowie (A-100 Van Association) Empty Re: Brian Bowie (A-100 Van Association)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:10 am

Scotty was down last week to pick up the last of Brian's A-100s....my personal fav, an A-108 window van with a built 360.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:35 am

Scottie and coop have great plans on it,. . the old girl  will shine again..
    i guess you don't have the a100 pickup any more..??

the A100 bar is also headed to joe for the museum . as Brian requested.

savage and gmytych like this post

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:04 am

Nope...no more A-100's although I miss having one. The only way I would get into another A is to find one already done turn-key. I just don't have the resources anymore to build one up.

I had a '94 Dodge conversion for 10 years before the rust worm took it away and 4 years ago bout a rust-free '93 Chevy G20 conversion. That's been my "project".
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:08 pm

there is no doubt the early 's need a lot of attention and the newer vans do allow the owner
    a lot of comforts including down the hiway. but as you know so well , we love them all
    .Be safe Dix...

gmytych likes this post

Dmichael
    Dmichael

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2019-01-02

Brian Bowie (A-100 Van Association) Empty Power Steering parts? A drag link and/or ps valve by chance?

Post by Dmichael Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:19 am

dix wrote:Yep!!!
    Ohio van nats rep coop, Steve Scott, Amy  and my self hauled everything out to Ohio,  
    when i see someone looking for parts  that i know Steve has i will pm them Steve's phone # I don't want to just post his phone # so every hacker can access  , he is more than reasonable with pricing, shipping and knowage i have no vested interested in the parts , just helping out a friend.  Steve Scott does get on occasionally visit this site,,,  , Brian did move and is doing much better than 6 months ago glad to see you over here Nate......Dix..

gmytych likes this post

Dmichael
    Dmichael

Post by Dmichael Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:22 am

I am looking for a drag link and valve for a power steering set up. Wondering if Scott might have one in the Brian collection.
    David
    Portland OR
    67 A108
    lboast
    lboast

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2020-11-01

Post by lboast Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:53 am

Dmichael wrote:I am looking for a drag link and valve for a power steering set up. Wondering if Scott might have one in the Brian collection.
    David
    Portland OR
    67 A108
    David, if you are in Portland, OR, have you tried Wildcat auto wrecking for your part? they are not very far from you in Sandy OR. They have nothing but early MoPars in their yard and a lot of A-100's.

gmytych likes this post

Dmichael
    Dmichael

Post by Dmichael Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:58 am

Yeah, I've checked with Wildcat. They have no PS parts unfortunately.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:53 am

(i sent you a pm.) other than that your asking for 50 plus year old parts that had a high failure rate regarding leaks and maintaince , look in to the guys using rack & pinion steering.

gmytych likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:27 am