VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington State.....

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington  State..... Empty Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington State.....

Post by vanny Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:17 pm

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

savage likes this post

m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington  State..... Empty Re: Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington State.....

Post by m1dadio Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:42 am

I need this seat for my 68 , I just paid for this seat . Now I have to figure out how to get it home, LOL:) . its a long distance away from me but I think via the "Vanner parts relay web" I will eventually get it home.

M1D

savage likes this post

vanny
    vanny

Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington  State..... Empty Re: Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington State.....

Post by vanny Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:34 pm

I saw this listed for $40 and said this will be a Great deal for someone! Congrats M1! Glad to see someone here scooped it up! cheers

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Post by m1dadio Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:09 pm

Ya thanks for posting it up here.
    No all I have to do is figure out how to get it to the west coast.

M1D
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Post by m1dadio Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:09 am

The seller sent me some seat history. great Van story to share.

seller wrote:

My first Indy 500 was in 1975 with my parents and brother.  We sat in the infield between turns 3 & 4 on the top of our 1969 Chevy Van.  While the van is long gone my Dad kept one of the seats for some reason.  I am glad he did, tomorrow I will be sitting in it watching the race on TV.
    Being with friends, the seat, the wagon and cooler helps make it a little better.

Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington  State..... At_the10
    Me with the radio in hand trying to hear the race broadcast and my Mom chugging a Beer.

Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington  State..... At_the11

enjoy
    M1D

savage likes this post

samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Post by samsvan Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Michel,
    These seats break down and can be boxed up fairly flat. You might see if the seller can help you out.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:01 pm

That's cool history in that his father treasured the memories by saving the bench seat out of the van. Now, the seat will live another life and make memories for you and your family...That's Excellent !!!
    Twisted Evil What a Face cheers

savage likes this post

m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Post by m1dadio Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:04 pm

Terry the  seller sent me more from his fathers photo album . He said the seat I bought had been indoors for 40+ years.

The van was taken off the road in 1980 and went to the bone yard in 1993 along with the other seat, dash pad and front seats.

click on the picture to see the whole image.

Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington  State..... 69_jun10

Vanner needs help with seat in San Bernardino/ Washington  State..... 69_jun10

But that was the fate of many vans.

M1D
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Post by m1dadio Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:21 pm

The van seat has been picked up and is heading to San Bernardino CA. I need to get it taken apart and boxed  and get it to Blaine WA from there. Any suggestions/ideas ? anybody?

that seat is almost 4000 miles from my place. LOL
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:33 pm

Hey M1,,,,,,,have you ever been to America?

I think we are going to change this to  Vanner needs help in San Bernadino in the General Discussion section  so more people can see it,,,,,,,
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:54 am

The Sledgamatic pic was hard to look at. But at least part of the van still lives on.
    The seat will have a good life with M1, up in Canada
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Post by m1dadio Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:17 pm

you can really see the effects of the salt belt on that van when it was 11 years old in that picture.

Yes I love driving road trips around America but its 4 or 5 day return trip for me to pick it up in San Bernardino and then I would have to do two weeks isolation when I get back home . And that is "if" they let me across the boarder both ways.

M1D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm