VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

I'm looking for a Nice Straight front bumper

Snarky
    Snarky

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2020-04-02

I'm looking for a Nice Straight front bumper Empty I'm looking for a Nice Straight front bumper

Post by Snarky Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:36 am

I'm looking for a nice but most importantly, straight bumper. I plan to pull a mold off of it and make a fiberglass copy. If time and energy permit, I will build a steel backer that will be functional and allow it to be mounted to the original mounting brackets. I have a 65 panel with the original front bumper on it. I may be picky but it seems that GM put the bumpers on upside down if you compare the actual body lines of the van to the bumper itself.

PS: I would prefer a Rear bumper

Thank You
    Jim 4198899214
    Fcat
    Fcat

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2019-02-11

I'm looking for a Nice Straight front bumper Empty Re: I'm looking for a Nice Straight front bumper

Post by Fcat Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:06 am

Mine look like they have been tied in a knot at some point but a local forge say they can get them good enough to paint - just an idea if you can't find a good one.
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

I'm looking for a Nice Straight front bumper Empty Re: I'm looking for a Nice Straight front bumper

Post by AzDon Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:51 pm

The second gen bumpers are taller and a bit more sculpted and bolt right onto a first gen......IMO though, all the stock first and second gen bumpers are too long and stick out way too far.....If you made fiberglass copies that were shorter, I'll bet you could sell a few...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 am