VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Truck (van) show in Carlise P.A. ? anyone ever been there?

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Truck (van) show in Carlise P.A. ? anyone ever been there? Empty Truck (van) show in Carlise P.A. ? anyone ever been there?

Post by Donn Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:11 pm

A buddy told me that Carlise has a truck show sometime durring the summer. I am looking for doors for my 67 Econo. My question is has anyone ever been to this show? are there many earlies there? It would be about a five hour drive for me and wondering if it would be worth my drive?
    Thanks..
    mo_1040
    mo_1040

Number of posts : 645
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

Truck (van) show in Carlise P.A. ? anyone ever been there? Empty Re: Truck (van) show in Carlise P.A. ? anyone ever been there?

Post by mo_1040 Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:29 pm

When I was in the Airforce I was based in New Jersey. It was a 6 hr drive for me back then (1992-1995). My god I love Carlisle carshows!!!! You could spend the whole weekend there and still not see everything. I think there is about everything there... The swap meet is HUGE! I'm planning on a vacation next year just to go to Carlisle swap meet. My opinion...well worth the drive!
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Truck (van) show in Carlise P.A. ? anyone ever been there? Empty Re: Truck (van) show in Carlise P.A. ? anyone ever been there?

Post by benwah Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:01 am

If your looking for Ford stuff, Id go to the all Ford show. better luck with finding old econo stuff Id imagine. The truck show has a lot of those import lowrider mini pickups with chachie mufflers.
    Donn
    Donn

Post by Donn Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:50 am

I will check out when the Ford show is. The last thing I want to see is the import's....
    thx
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:52 am

Hey Donn, It takes me around 4-4 1/2 hours to get to Carlisle have made it in 3 1/2 but that was in 86 and was very lucky not to have been locked up.The Ford show was 2 weeks ago.I have gone to this a few times because I also have a Mustang.Most of the stuff there has to do with cars . The Truck show may be different though. Over the last 10 or so years there seems to be less and less venders.Ebay effect I believe.I have only been to Hershey twice in the 80's but a buddy of mine has gone his whole life(family thing) and he says same is true there.Still a great trip and much to see and buy.Good luck on your search

mike

PS hey whats wrong with the imports I got an Alfa that I probably have to sell(economy) and it is KILLING me.Great car
    Donn
    Donn

Post by Donn Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Mike,
    The imports, don't get me wrong. I like many of them, Tr's, Mg's, jags etc..
    It's more the guys you see on the LIE with a honda 4cyl and loud pipes going 80mph in and out of traffic with the windows shaking from the bass amp.
    Wonder if other states have these morons or if we are the only lucky ones?
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:44 pm

Ct is putting the squash on the loud radios in the cities. out here in the stix thats another story, the weather has been terrible here the last week or so, so all there windows are rolled up. makes me want to buy stock in hearing aids! As for Carlisle shows its not the big vendors its the guy with a truck full of parts you would find doors. I imagine there spring ,fall,ford or truck events will be your best bet just bring lots of cash!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:21 pm