VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

2 Days Left on Ebay 1967 Dodge a108

nyc108hopeful
    nyc108hopeful

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2018-05-14

2 Days Left on Ebay 1967 Dodge a108 Empty 2 Days Left on Ebay 1967 Dodge a108

Post by nyc108hopeful Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 am

My wife and I fought about this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Dodge-A108-Van/232809710728?hash=item36348a4488:g:4VEAAOSwDddbJrLN

Could be a huge deal and a chance to check out nearby Yellowstone.....or you could get murdered. I think it is also on an Native American reservation so no idea what the deal is with purchase and title and taxes.

I messaged the person with no response since last night.

Looks like the back axl could be gone, damaged, or maybe someone took off a flat and couldnt get on the new tire. Who knows.

Someone here buy it since my dreams are dead.

gary h
    gary h

Number of posts : 474
    Registration date : 2012-10-19

2 Days Left on Ebay 1967 Dodge a108 Empty Re: 2 Days Left on Ebay 1967 Dodge a108

Post by gary h Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:27 am

Looks Too good to be true ! Location is United states,NO state or city that I can see.
    ZERO Feedback Too .Beware!!!
    nyc108hopeful
    nyc108hopeful

2 Days Left on Ebay 1967 Dodge a108 Empty Re: 2 Days Left on Ebay 1967 Dodge a108

Post by nyc108hopeful Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 am

I hate my life right now but that doesnt mean one of you couldnt benefit. Here is some additional info from the owner:

The van has been sitting for about 10 yrs., although we start it and move it around a couple times per year to make sure the engine doesn't seize up. This spring the van had a flat so when my cousin tried to put another tire and wheel on it he twisted off a lug nut, as he did not realize the lugs on the driver's side are left hand thread. So a lug nut needs replaced on the drivers side rear. Also when it was started the fuel pump didn't work, it would only run if we kept adding fuel directly into the carb., so it has not been moved yet this year.
    There is only surface rust on the van. Floor pans are good. Very low humidity here.
    The top functions and does leak around the edges. Will want to replace the canvas.
    No door or window issues. The weather stripping is cracked and needs replaced. Dent in the back door under the spare tire mount.
    Driver and passenger seats need recovered and re-foamed but aren't destroyed.

There is no reason you can not just bolt the wheel on using the remaining 4 lug nuts. The 1 stud sticking out of the brake drum is just twisted off flush with the surface of the drum. This van still has the original '67 wheels that came on it

I think all the gauges work... maybe one doesn't... they are all mechanical tho, so shouldn't be a big deal.
    gary h
    gary h

Number of posts : 474
    Registration date : 2012-10-19

Post by gary h Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:47 am

Wow, I hope it gets into the Right hands and gets restored ! cheers

Number of posts : 434
    Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:42 am

cheers *LOVE* cheers

unfortunately, wife is opposing a blind buy....

Hope the best for the camper, looks really great.

The lug stud is easy to replace, had the same problem with my Charger - go to a good-ole smith and have it replaced (or a shop for tractors, real tractors). Be sure to support the brake drum properly on the inside, while pressing the broken one out (maybe you'd need to grind a little bit around the remainder of the stud).
    nyc108hopeful
    nyc108hopeful

Post by nyc108hopeful Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:36 pm

69 wrote:cheers *LOVE* cheers

unfortunately, wife is opposing a blind buy....

Hope the best for the camper, looks really great.

The lug stud is easy to replace, had the same problem with my Charger - go to a good-ole smith and have it replaced (or a shop for tractors, real tractors). Be sure to support the brake drum properly on the inside, while pressing the broken one out (maybe you'd need to grind a little bit around the remainder of the stud).

Wife ruined my chances as well. Tried to sell it with a Yellowstone trip as well. 3k....assuming the seller was honest and a tune up and a junk yard visit later....someone got a stellar deal.

This one is going to be tough to digest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm