VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Anyone know basic air/fuel mixture setting on a Holly 1940?

Hillbilly
    Hillbilly

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2017-02-18

Anyone know basic air/fuel mixture setting on a Holly 1940?  Empty Anyone know basic air/fuel mixture setting on a Holly 1940?

Post by Hillbilly Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Pretty much what it says in the title. Looking for base setting of the fuel/air screw on a 1940 Holly.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Anyone know basic air/fuel mixture setting on a Holly 1940?  Empty Re: Anyone know basic air/fuel mixture setting on a Holly 1940?

Post by donivan65 Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:30 pm

one turn out from fully closed should get it to run,,,,,,then screw it slowly in until engine slows down, then slowly out as long as engine keeps running faster,,,,,,readjust idle RPM if it aint right and start all over again,,,,,,,you can also use a vacuum gauge to adjust mixture to highest reading,,,,,,,,and shoot some carb cleaner down carb when done,,,,,,IF,,,,,,,,engine speeds up,,,,,,you got more work to do,,,,,,,
    Hillbilly
    Hillbilly

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2017-02-18

Anyone know basic air/fuel mixture setting on a Holly 1940?  Empty Re: Anyone know basic air/fuel mixture setting on a Holly 1940?

Post by Hillbilly Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:13 am

Thank you. I will do that this am and see if I can hit the 50 mph mark. I sprayed carb cleaner around the carb and didnt seem to change anything. Thanks again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 pm