VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring

Strato1
    Strato1

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2017-02-07

Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring Empty Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring

Post by Strato1 Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:04 pm

When I did my disc brake conversion, I pulled the handle out and knocked out the litle "h" shaped bar that locks the lever in. Unfortunatley I did not pay any attention to how this was set up and I cannot figure out how the springs is installed. This is the spring that holds tension against the H bar.

I can engage the emergency brakes but it is now a two hand operation- one hand to pull the lever, another to reach down and lock in that little H bar.

Would one of you guys be so kind as to post a couple of pics below showing that detail? I would really appreciate it.

If it makes any differance mine is a 65 van with a 9" rear from the factory.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring Empty Re: Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring

Post by donivan65 Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Well,,,,on a Chevy,,,the spring is mounted to the handle and it pushes the bar into the teeth,,,,

Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring Dscn9716
    Strato1
    Strato1

Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring Empty Re: Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring

Post by Strato1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:27 am

That does help a little but I could still really use a picture from a ford. My spring only has one coil and I'm not sure exactly how it mounts.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:09 am

Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring Pdn7PZ

Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring AkuQNf
    Strato1
    Strato1

Post by Strato1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:46 am

Thank you Seth, that is exactly what I needed!
    Strato1
    Strato1

Post by Strato1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:50 am

Actually, Seth after looking more closely, could you rotate the spring side closer to the camera and re-take it? Is that the long end or the short end of thespring that you can see? Where does the other end go? does it tuck up under the the little H bar somewhere?
    Seth G
    Seth G

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Yeah, that wasn't the greatest pic. That is the short end of the spring, the long end goes on the outside of the tube. It's that line in the pic below.

Need an e-brake handle pic showing the spring Mdz3qz
    Strato1
    Strato1

Post by Strato1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:26 pm

perfect that helps a lot!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 am