VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Keeping up that UK - US 'special' relationship

dogsbody
    dogsbody

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2016-12-13

Keeping up that UK - US 'special' relationship Empty Keeping up that UK - US 'special' relationship

Post by dogsbody Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:26 am

Hi folks!
    This is dogsbody, signing in from across the pond in a cold & damp North Wales.
    Luckily I stumbled across your site while searching for an A-series to import.
    I've done a fair bit of research, but I'm very happy to know there's a forum! And, no doubt, a fountain of knowledge... Very Happy

I'll be asking many questions... and once I take the plunge and buy one, I promise I'll keep you updated.
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Keeping up that UK - US 'special' relationship Empty Re: Keeping up that UK - US 'special' relationship

Post by jrdunn96 Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:35 am

Welcome! There are a lot of freindly, helpful people here. I'm sure that one of the "A" van gurus will chime in.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Keeping up that UK - US 'special' relationship Empty Re: Keeping up that UK - US 'special' relationship

Post by vanny Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:21 am

Welcome to the best vintage vans site. You've got company in the UK as we have a few members across the pond. I'm sure they can probably advise you on some of the intricacies of shipping, parts, etc. We love seeing pics so once you've picked one, please let us see what you have. Help is yours for the asking!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:22 am

WELCOME IN .... dogsbody !!!!!!!!

dogsbody
    dogsbody

Post by dogsbody Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm loving it here already! Cool

Number of posts : 434
    Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Hey, welcome from "around the corner", even though "you" obviously just "left" europe lol! (no offence, just kidding Wink ).

I already enjoyed many helpful tips, hints and the wealth of information in this forum (although I do only own a vanUP, as they call the pickup around here).

Good luck with your search. We have a couple of A-vans in Germany - I do know about almost 10. Cool
    dogsbody
    dogsbody

Post by dogsbody Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Danke 69! Hey we're almost neighbours ;-)

I think we were as shocked about having to leave the Euro as the US is about Trump! I'll never understand humans, they do the dumbest things.
    Thankfully we have cool toys to distract us from the end of the world!

Number of posts : 434
    Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:49 pm

dogsbody wrote:
    Thankfully we have cool toys to distract us from the end of the world!

That is SOO true. And I'm so happy about that. Smile

I guess we'd better leave politics off this forum - just gets people upset. Sorry for starting that topic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 pm