VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Finally, some progress! Thanks everyone

flyintiger
    flyintiger

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2016-08-22

Finally, some progress! Thanks everyone Empty Finally, some progress! Thanks everyone

Post by flyintiger Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who has answered my questions. I don't have my steering box back yet, but with my carb cleaned & adjusted, valves adjusted and timing set, my '67 225 is starting easily and idling smoothly.

OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Finally, some progress! Thanks everyone Empty Re: Finally, some progress! Thanks everyone

Post by OutofSight Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Right on!
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Finally, some progress! Thanks everyone Empty Re: Finally, some progress! Thanks everyone

Post by RodStRace Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Glad to hear it!
    Your 1st post mentions burning oil and dieseling. Hopefully with the valve adjust and timing/carb adjustment, the dieseling is gone. See if you can check the dwell too. Those points do need regular replacement!
    You can look into "leakdown test" to determine if the oil is rings or valve guides/seals.
    I haven't used it, but Restore has worked for others I know.
    Also, if it is valve guides, you might be able to get a little more life out of it by replacing the valve seals. It's labor-intensive, but the parts are cheap.
    You also have to get the valve spring compressor and a air hose fitting to 'pump up' the cylinder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziqdyxZoRjg
    North Park, huh?
    Have some Ichiban Chicken Curry or the Daily special on University for me, and stop by Canada Steakburger! Dang I miss those places! Oh, and ya gotta have a breakfast at Big Kitchen and say HI to Judy for me!
    flyintiger
    flyintiger

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2016-08-22

Post by flyintiger Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:04 pm

RodStRace wrote:Glad to hear it!
    Your 1st post mentions burning oil and dieseling. Hopefully with the valve adjust and timing/carb adjustment, the dieseling is gone. See if you can check the dwell too. Those points do need regular replacement!
    You can look into "leakdown test" to determine if the oil is rings or valve guides/seals.
    I haven't used it, but Restore has worked for others I know.
    Also, if it is valve guides, you might be able to get a little more life out of it by replacing the valve seals. It's labor-intensive, but the parts are cheap.
    You also have to get the valve spring compressor and a air hose fitting to 'pump up' the cylinder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziqdyxZoRjg
    North Park, huh?
    Have some Ichiban Chicken Curry or the Daily special on University for me, and stop by Canada Steakburger! Dang I miss those places! Oh, and ya gotta have a breakfast at Big Kitchen and say HI to Judy for me!

Judy the Beauty! Will do, always happy to help out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:43 pm