VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Goofing off.

Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Goofing off. Empty Goofing off.

Post by Vanner63 Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Well, my daily driver is now a seldom daily driver. I have pulled it off the road for the most part to begin the restoration work. It's a 1976 Ford E-150. The plan is to remove the body this winter and sand blast and powder coat the frame. Next, repair the floor pans up front and sandblast and paint the body. The trans. will be rebuilt as well as the motor. Almost hate rebuilding the motor. With 173,00 miles on it, it runs perfect. Only thing ever done to it is the timing chain and gears replaced at about 160,000 miles. But just as sure as I don't do it something will happen. When done the van will have all the parts it came with. I do plan on tweaking the 351W to bump up the horsepower a bit. Don't know what color I'll paint it. It was dark blue from the factory. But here in Houston, even with rear air I just don't know about those hot summers. That dark color soaking up all that sun and heat. Whew! I will be putting slotted mags on it with raised white letter tires. Just so folks will know its a 70's van. LOL

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm