VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Another Econo Storage Building

Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Another Econo Storage Building Empty Another Econo Storage Building

Post by Scott Mon May 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Yesterday I stopped and checked out a 64 Econoline sitting in what looked like really deep grass. Once I got out of the car I realized the grass wasn’t so deep, it’s just that the van is missing its axles and sitting on railroad ties. Tom came out and introduced himself, said he was using it for storage.

He wants a couple hundred for it, but I really don’t know that it’s worth that much. It’s a window van and all glass is good except the windshield. The front doors are good, and the side doors, but the rear ones are dented. The steering column is gone, and the instrument panel too. It still has the box heater on the hump between the front seats, and I think factory air. On the roof is a long skinny box with fans across the back, which feeds into the A/C mounted along the bottom of the dash, and I think that box on the roof, had an Econoline emblem on it.

I guess I need to go back and get some pictures, but want to know if the parts alone would make up the cost of a couple hundred bucks. I hate to see those parts go to waste if someone else can use them.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 am