VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+32
Space Truckin
gfleduc
dutchman101
sweetvan
retrogeek
SteelyVan
OutofSight
divisionbrewing
66BC
GMman
whalemstr
uncle ron
richie61
busman78
kaz
BILLS66
jrdunn96
Zuffen
Seth G
Denton
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
savage
samsvan
Russell
Vantasia
VANagain
vanny
JackeFriend
uante
Digz
Big W
donivan65
36 posters

GMC Jacke's van

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Empty Re: GMC Jacke's van

Post by vanny Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:22 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Jackel10

That's better!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Thanks so much! I am always needing your help Very Happy
    I like your new image... bounce
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks, no problem on the pic. For some odd reason, sometimes the pics get turned sideways. It's funny but when I save your pics to my desktop, they're right side up. I just open the file with Paint that comes standard with Microsoft and save the pic and it then imports correctly. I don't know why it does...it just does... scratch

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Jacke_10

Well I did get the curtains finished and installed. Here is the front with my version of a cup holder out of Buckeye burl bounce
    I am almost ready with my other photos to post... washed the van finally.

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Pop_ou10
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 pm

Those paisley curtains look right at home in Goldie! Is the burl wood attached to the doghouse lid? Wouldn't want it to go sliding off and break on the floor... just thinking out loud...burl wood is just beautiful!

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:53 pm

vanny wrote:Those paisley curtains look right at home in Goldie! Is the burl wood attached to the doghouse lid? Wouldn't want it to go sliding off and break on the floor... just thinking out loud...burl wood is just beautiful!

I have it attached with (4) 90 lbs pull magnets. I did not want to put a hole in my pretty doghouse Very Happy
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:34 pm

That ought to hold it in place! Good idea Jacke...You've got a Fine looking van, indeed!!!

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:21 am

Installing new door rubber. How do I get the darn inside felt to pop into the slots without breaking my window? I got the outside piece on, but now working the inside... opposite way I think I am gonna crack my glass using it as a pry area? I have used a towel but I am thinking it is gonna crack it!? Anyone have experience... these are the felts that go on the bottom edge at window.
    samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Post by samsvan Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 pm

I remember mine being a pain too. The clips on the re-pop felts don't necessarily line up perfectly with the holes in your doors. You might have to bend them one way or the other to get them to line up better before trying to pry them in. You shouldn't have to pry hard enough to break your glass. Check to see if you smashed the clips before trying again.
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:47 am

I am gonna go at it again. I did break off one of the end clips in my smashing technique...LOL Razz
    I just noticed yesterday! But, I have Don coming over Saturday  Very Happy  Very Happy  He will need to preform a bit for me... as magic is hard to come by! I hope he will help... Very Happy  bounce
    It is great to have someone who has done "everything" more times than I will ever attempt.
    Men are good. Remember I said that! I love you You all have been very helpful and kind to this old woman!
    I will be posting pictures after Don see's my van! He gets the first real glimse of my creation. He was the first guy to get me turned on to everything possible with the van. Thanks to Don, you all have had to put up with my stupid questions and posts.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:25 am

Don is great at getting vanners to bring these back to life. He is a Master Motivator for sure. He's even gone as far as allowing someone who had never driven one of these, take his own van for a test drive to see if they still wanted to buy one once they had a chance to experience one first hand. Of course he knows that once most people get to drive one, they get "hooked" and catch the "early bug" for which there is NO KNOWN CURE!!! lol!

The only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked because I guarantee that you are not the only one who has had that question...

I'm sure the two of you will get it figured out. Goldie is a testament to your hard work and Don gets to add your van to a LONG LIST of vans he's had a part in keeping on the road!

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:28 pm

If,,,,,,,,,we are going to work on why the engine quits and not be hanging curtains,,,,,,I think the plan is to get rid of the ignition system,,,,,the points, condenser, coil and ballast resistor,,,,,and install an electronic HEI system,,,,,,,,I will get Zacks old one, which works, and install it for a test and see if that makes your van happier,,,,,
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 am

JackeFriend wrote:I am gonna go at it again. I did break off one of the end clips in my smashing technique...LOL Razz
    I just noticed yesterday! But, I have Don coming over Saturday  Very Happy  Very Happy  He will need to preform a bit for me... as magic is hard to come by! I hope he will help... Very Happy  bounce
    It is great to have someone who has done "everything" more times than I will ever attempt.
    Men are good. Remember I said that!  I love you You all have been very helpful and kind to this old woman!
    I will be posting pictures after Don see's my van! He gets the first real glimse of my creation. He was the first guy to get me turned on to everything possible with the van. Thanks to Don, you all have had to put up with my stupid questions and posts.

Saw this, some of my clips didn't line up and broke too with the RePop kit. I ended up using some JB Quik epoxy to hold the strips in place. Use small shims like cardboard to hold the strip tight against the door and glass until the glue sets, worked well, has stayed in for about 5 years.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:06 am

Thanks for the tip! Don has a clip he is gonna come by to assist. I am posting this afternoon ALL of my new interior design photos!!!! affraid affraid cheers bom bom drunken queen queen queen
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Okay guys here is my finished van. I have done all the work myself! It took me almost a year and a couple month to complete.  The ceiling is Buckeye Burl with LEDS. All the side have LEDs.... Diamond back Rattle snake across side doors and across front window. Table swivels and move near and far. The sofa converts to a sleeper. Did GMC 1964 inlayed under vinyl. Table is Parotta wood so is the door wood.
    What do you guys think of my creation?! GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z1413

WOO HOOOOO bounce  alien  alien

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z11
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z1a11
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z211
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z311
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z611
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z6a11
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z911
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z1111
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 Z1310

Last edited by JackeFriend on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Bump
    kaz
    kaz

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2012-07-28

Post by kaz Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Jackie you did a fantastic job inside and out very proud of you ,did some wonderful work,wow , rattlesnake looks familiar being from Arizona..
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:20 pm

I did take my sunglasses over to Jackes today so the chrome would not blind me,,,,there is not a bare spot on her van,,,,,,there is a table and fold down couch in back,,,,,murals all over the place,,,,,lots of GMC signs everywhere,,,,,,,,even a GMC tissue holder in the glove box,,,,,,a dead snake and burl hanging from the ceiling,,,,,after the 2 hour tour, I worked on installing the window fuzzies and some wiring,,,,,,,,,

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101810

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101811

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101812

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101813

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101814

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101815

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101818

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101816

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101817

GMC Jacke's van - Page 19 02101819
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:28 am

Jacke, you are a powerhouse of determination! San Diego's got several van gurus but you never just waited around for us to find time to help. You've had a clear vision for her van. I had my doubts about some of your ideas but it has really come together! The amount of work you've done on Goldie over the last year is astounding!

Now we need a van get-together here so you can show it off!
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:34 am

That has a lot of planning in it. Something also tells me these pics are not doing it justice. WOW !
    samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Post by samsvan Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 am

Jeez Jacke, you Have been busy! It's cool that the table is on slides and it pivots. Could you send me a picture of your curtain track please? How about the HEI distributor - did you guys get to that?
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:51 am

I really dig the lighting effects, just a beautiful execution of your van-plan!!! Snake skin is beautiful but I REALLY don't like snakes...good thing these won't be biting anyone anytime soon! Good job of carrying out your vision. Now enjoy it and show it off!!!

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:56 pm

I went and brought Zacks old HEI system over, but installing it aint too high a priority for her,,,,,,I even zapped her with it to show her how it works using my little jumper battery,,,,the van cant go out in public until she gets it perfect looking anyways,,,,,but she will get a new system for it,,,,,,and get rid of those points, condenser, coil and ballast resistor,,,,,,,AND,,,, she needs the recirc line from the surge tank to the water outlet housing,,,,,fix why the horn fuse blows,,,,get rid of that single line master cylinder, put in a dual line with new brake hoses and lines,,,,
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:58 pm

,,,,that van is kinda like a mansion inside,,,,,,,,,,
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 am

Looks great but I agree with Donnie, the first things a classic vehicle has do are stop, steer, run good and then look good! No. 1 is most important, especially with the added weight of all that interior carpet and wood.....please don't learn the hard way, if that van has original brake hoses and wheel cylinders the only place it should be driven too is a shop!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 pm