VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
GMman
donivan65
Vantasia
Bruce67Econoline
Seth G
delraydoug
10 posters

Mac's auto employees get notice yesterday

delraydoug
    delraydoug

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

Mac's auto employees get notice yesterday  Empty Mac's auto employees get notice yesterday

Post by delraydoug Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Mac's auto employees get notice yesterday  Empty Re: Mac's auto employees get notice yesterday

Post by Seth G Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:22 pm

That sucks
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Mac's auto employees get notice yesterday  Empty Re: Mac's auto employees get notice yesterday

Post by Bruce67Econoline Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:00 am

Florida-based Eckler acquired Mac’s in late 2012. Eckler is owned by Baird Capital Partners, a private equity firm based in Chicago

Damn investment firm spinning off it's low profit investments. This is what's wrong with America!
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:19 am

Another factor, the market for restoring older cars is shrinking. Face it, as we become older, less of us will be worrying about old cars and worry more about assisted living. There are hardly any Model T and Model A generation cars at car shows anymore, the same will happen to muscle cars in a few years, guys 70-80+ won't be buying parts to keep these cars going anymore so there is no future in operating a big supply house for 50-60-70 era cars....parts for older Honda tuners will be the next big thing....JM02
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:42 pm

so when do you see the end of vintage vans,,,,,,,you think our great grandchildren wont care about these things?
    GMman
    GMman

Number of posts : 798
    Registration date : 2014-10-14

Post by GMman Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:14 am

Very few!!!
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:52 am

donivan65 wrote:so when do you see the end of vintage vans,,,,,,,you think our great grandchildren wont care about these things?
    All they'll know is a world of touching pad screens to program where they want to go in thier self driving electric car.....LOL
    QCT
    QCT

Number of posts : 559
    Registration date : 2015-01-01

Post by QCT Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Hey fellas.. There are still a few of us young punks on here! But yes, unfortunately it is very true.. While the few of us are turning wrenches out in the garage, many in my generation are sitting in mommy and daddy's basement glued to Facebook. Its a real shame and unfortunately a sign of the times.
    67EcoVanVan
    67EcoVanVan

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2016-06-11

Post by 67EcoVanVan Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:14 pm

I'm 34 and I hate my generation. Got a van two weeks ago cause I want to connect with a REAL rig with guts and grease and personality. It's a big adjustment for me but one that will make me a better person in the long run. I could have bought any car I wanted to. One that zipped out the driveway without needing to warm up, but I chose the more complicated path, the more personal and honest machine. Still overwhelmed, but thinking about getting my van to where I want it, and not where some assembly line wants it, warms my heart and gets me excited to do something REAL.
    FancyFlush
    FancyFlush

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2014-05-21

Post by FancyFlush Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:12 am

67EcoVanVan wrote:I'm 34 and I hate my generation. Got a van two weeks ago cause I want to connect with a REAL rig with guts and grease and personality. It's a big adjustment for me but one that will make me a better person in the long run. I could have bought any car I wanted to. One that zipped out the driveway without needing to warm up, but I chose the more complicated path, the more personal and honest machine. Still overwhelmed, but thinking about getting my van to where I want it, and not where some assembly line wants it, warms my heart and gets me excited to do something REAL.

32 and feel ya, I am always telling my friends how to do this and not to worry about that. I'm their "car guy". It's crazy to think that nobody is going to know how to fix and restore old cars in a few years. That being said, I normally choose to get rid of a car than to spend alot of money fixing it, parts for vehicles are ridiculously expensive now days at Autozone, Oreillys, Pepboys etc. A car battery is now over $100, I remember when they were $25 bucks in the 90's, what happened!!! Was checking on some gaskets for my 2005 truck and not only were they 30 dollars for an intake manifold gasket, the engine gasket kit was over $300!!! it's basically cut out paper or rubber for the most part! Parts for the Econoline on Rockauto are amazingly cheap compared with modern vehicles, though most parts on this car are on clearance at rock auto which probably means they're just trying to get rid of old stock. YIKES!
    MikeShums
    MikeShums

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post by MikeShums Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:46 pm

I guess I better spend that gift cert I have pretty quickly
    Seth G
    Seth G

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Clinton and GWB happened. I'm only 42

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:36 pm