VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Rear Bench seat mounting brackets

VanHoosierdaddies
    VanHoosierdaddies

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2015-12-28

Rear Bench seat mounting brackets Empty Rear Bench seat mounting brackets

Post by VanHoosierdaddies Mon May 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello All,

I have  61 Station bus with the 2 rear bench seats.  I took the following picture of the mixed bag of stuff i got with the van, they were mounted in there when I got it.  Problem is it didn't seem very safe and the homemade brackets don't work well.  Seems the previous owned used stainless bolts and welded the "T" end on and apparently over heated them so they don't work well.  Can someone provide a picture of what the original brackets look like that are used to mount to the floor?  Anyone have a few extra laying around that I could get?

Thanks,

Jerry

The top left and bottom right bracket both look old, possibly original but I dont know.  They are of a smaller diameter than the bottom left bolt and bracket which are a much larger diameter and "keyed" together which I think helpd the "T" bolt from spinning when you try to tighten.  The top bracket is the homemade version I mentioned.  These are next to impossible to tighten without spinning the "T" under the floor because i believe the threads are messed up due to over heating....
    Rear Bench seat mounting brackets 20160514
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Rear Bench seat mounting brackets Empty Re: Rear Bench seat mounting brackets

Post by scarlin Mon May 23, 2016 5:41 pm

Not the right T Bolts or brackets, I have pictures but not taken the time to figure out to post them. The T Bolts have flats on them and the brackets have oval holes to prevent the bolts from turning. A member here has them, Tim at EconoUSAparts@fuse.net.
    VanHoosierdaddies
    VanHoosierdaddies

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2015-12-28

Post by VanHoosierdaddies Mon May 23, 2016 11:25 pm

Thanks Scarlin. I have bought stuff from Tim before so I have reached out to see what he has. It anyone else can post a picture of the proper brackets please do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 am