VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Seal between the vent window glass and the frame

cali2chitown
    cali2chitown

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Seal between the vent window glass and the frame Empty Seal between the vent window glass and the frame

Post by cali2chitown Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:30 pm

I started tearing about my doors to prepare for the seals when I decided to separate the vent window frame from the glass. The seal was dry rotted plus i want to powdercoat the metal. Does anyone know what I can use between the glass and frame when I put it back together?
    It's also the same stuff between the glass and channel at the bottom of the rear window.

Should I just go to a glass shop?
    Carl

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

Seal between the vent window glass and the frame Empty seal between vent windwo glass and frame

Post by Carl Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:04 pm

got mine from an auto glass shop: 1/16" X 1.5" X 3' roll
    cali2chitown
    cali2chitown

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Seal between the vent window glass and the frame Empty Re: Seal between the vent window glass and the frame

Post by cali2chitown Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Thanks Carl, I actually just found that out today. It's called butyl tape and they said they would have it in the next couple days.
    I was curious about the price of a new windshield so I asked for them to check for me.
    I couldn't believe when they said $150, I think I might order one since mine is chipped.

Sponsored content

Seal between the vent window glass and the frame Empty Re: Seal between the vent window glass and the frame

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:22 pm