VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Body Holes?

im4coffee
    im4coffee

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-12-28

Body Holes? Empty Body Holes?

Post by im4coffee Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:47 am

I just bought a 63 Pickup. I have four 1/4 in holes on each side of the bed. Two are in front of the bed, one directly above the other, another before the wheel well and the last one is above the wheel well. I also have one 5/8 inch hole above each head light. Can anyone tell me what these holes were for? Moldings or Marker lights?
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Body Holes? Empty Re: Body Holes?

Post by Big W Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Not sure about the holes in the back end, but the holes up front were likely for extra signal lights. NOT a factory option. The only holes you should have are the F O R D lettering between the headlights, and maybe one antenna hole, either on the driver side or passenger side by the lower window corner. Unfortunately some people added extra lights when the originals stopped working, or it was used for a business and they wanted to be seen taking a corner.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:24 pm

This is what it should look like. wipers, nozzles, lights, signals and Lettering. Antenna optional if yours came factory with a radio. This isn't my van but all are the same look from 61 to 67. Different colors for signal lenses and tall or short sprayer nozzles depending on year and model.Body Holes? 67_ext11
    Russell
    Russell

Number of posts : 698
    Registration date : 2015-12-08

Post by Russell Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:56 pm

Without seeing the holes, hard to say? front and sides makes me think maybe ladder rack on a truck?
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:55 am

Big W wrote:Not sure about the holes in the back end, but the holes up front were likely for extra signal lights. NOT a factory option.

Like these

Body Holes? 2543937466_d544082324

I've seen this on Air Force Econo trucks
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:49 am

Big W wrote:Not sure about the holes in the back end, but the holes up front were likely for extra signal lights. NOT a factory option. The only holes you should have are the F O R D lettering between the headlights, and maybe one antenna hole, either on the driver side or passenger side by the lower window corner. Unfortunately some people added extra lights when the originals stopped working, or it was used for a business and they wanted to be seen taking a corner.

They are a factory option. Part of the ICC lighting package. All government vehicles got those lights.

Body Holes? Z13-vi

Lights on a 64 USGS van.

Body Holes? DSC05918-vi

Here are those lights on a Phone Company van. Early versions of the ICC package had the lights mounted on the turn signal panels above the bumper. That's why the bumper was so wide on the early Econolines.

Low mounted ICC lights.

Body Holes? Icclights-vi

Duane
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:50 am

im4coffee wrote:I just bought a 63 Pickup. I have four 1/4 in holes on each side of the bed. Two are in front of the bed, one directly above the other, another before the wheel well and the last one is above the wheel well.  I also have one 5/8 inch hole above each head light. Can anyone tell me what these holes were for? Moldings or Marker lights?

Post some pictures of those holes and we'll try and help figure them out.

Duane.
    Seth G
    Seth G

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:51 pm

That's why you're the Guru Duane Smile
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Thanks for the info Duane. I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I was thinking one thing and typing another...lol. It was something you would order if you wanted those extra lights, not something a regular stock van or truck might have at the dealership...That's what I was trying to spit out...lol.
    im4coffee
    im4coffee

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-12-28

Post by im4coffee Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:37 pm

Body Holes? Econol10

Sorry for responding so late but I could not figure out how to post a picture. As you can see there are two holes below the seam in front of the wheel well and two holes above the seam, one above the wheel well and the other lining up with the front lower hole.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:40 am