VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Bagging a 74 chev

vonbutch
    vonbutch

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

Bagging a 74 chev Empty Bagging a 74 chev

Post by vonbutch Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:29 pm

I have an opportunity to pick up a totally rust free 74 shorty van. I want to make it a hauler for my bike, and want it to lay frame. Haven't seen anything on the internet regarding this, so my question is, can it be done. And yes, I am expecting the "anything can be done for a price" answer. Doesn't seem like it should be that big of a deal, other than c notching the rear. Front should be fairly easy. Am I missing something?
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Bagging a 74 chev Empty Re: Bagging a 74 chev

Post by Joe Van Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:38 am

My brother has a 1983 Chevy Van with air bags its pretty straight foward with the independent front end they just removed the coils and installed the bags up front in the rear he removed all the springs except the main and installed the bags above the rear axle since then he had a 4 link installed in the rear but I am almost positive he did not notch the frame..!!!...Because of the year you wont find much info here but if you go on "Vannin.com" or on facebook go to "Chevy Van Owners" and you will get all the info you need Good Luck" with your project.. Smile ..!!!..

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

Post by vonbutch Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:45 am

Very cool. Thank you so much for the information.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm