VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Lowering or Bagging My Econoline Pickup

Dean.burrito
    Dean.burrito

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2015-12-01

Lowering or Bagging My Econoline Pickup Empty Lowering or Bagging My Econoline Pickup

Post by Dean.burrito Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi! I'm new to the forum, in fact this is the first forum I've joined! But my question (that's probably been asked a thousand times already) is how to lower my '62 Econoline Pickup in just the rear. I'd love to bag it but it doesn't look like its a simple thing to do on these things. Any ideas on what I should do and what route I should take? Also I don't care about how it'll ride, I'm pretty sure it can't get much worse than it already is haha.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Lowering or Bagging My Econoline Pickup Empty Re: Lowering or Bagging My Econoline Pickup

Post by Seth G Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:58 pm

There's alot of information if you search. But I think in the rear it would be pretty simple to bag. You'd have to weld and fab the braces. The front end is where everything is a bitch b/c of the solid axle and forward steering
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Lowering or Bagging My Econoline Pickup Empty Re: Lowering or Bagging My Econoline Pickup

Post by Big W Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:10 pm

Welcome to VV Dean. For the most part lowering (depending on low you want to go) is just as easy as removing one leaf spring on each corner. That will get an inch or so lower without causing any problems. If you want it in the weeds, the rear is the easy part. As for the front...It's best left up to the pro's...lol. Some of the build threads on here featuring bagged front and rear setup...is way outside my skill set. Use the search function and see what they have done.
    johnnyecono
    johnnyecono

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2015-12-03

Post by johnnyecono Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Hey Dean burrito
    Did you just buy they E van?
    In looking at one now in AZ
    6 with a manual on the tree as they say.
    John
    Dean.burrito
    Dean.burrito

Post by Dean.burrito Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:44 pm

johnnyecono wrote:Hey Dean burrito
    Did you just buy they E van?
    In looking at one now in AZ
    6 with a manual on the tree as they say.
    John

Hey John,
    I picked it up about 4 months ago and it's been my daily since. I love the thing! I wouldn't mind buying more of them haha. Good luck with the one you're looking at!
    Dean.burrito
    Dean.burrito

Post by Dean.burrito Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Seth G wrote:There's alot of information if you search. But I think in the rear it would be pretty simple to bag. You'd have to weld and fab the braces. The front end is where everything is a bitch b/c of the solid axle and forward steering

Thank you, I'm gonna be doing quite a bit of research on this sight once I figure it all out lol. I've heard the front on these things is pretty crazy so I ain't even gonna attempt it. I just want to drag in the back.
    Dean.burrito
    Dean.burrito

Post by Dean.burrito Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Big W wrote:Welcome to VV Dean. For the most part lowering (depending on low you want to go) is just as easy as removing one leaf spring on each corner. That will get an inch or so lower without causing any problems. If you want it in the weeds, the rear is the easy part. As for the front...It's best left up to the pro's...lol. Some of the build threads on here featuring bagged front and rear setup...is way outside my skill set. Use the search function and see what they have done.

Cool thank you! I'll do my research on here. I'll keep this forum thread up to date if I make any progress on going lower. Thank you again
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:41 am

The front is way simpler than lowering the rear. Rear (if lowered much) will require frame and floor notching. I sell a kit for the front to flip the axle on top of the springs($220 shipped). Simple to install. It's been discussed on here several times before. It drops the front about 3.5"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:35 am